January 4, 2007

Christmas Knitting – what I gave.

So check out all of the handmade gifts I gave this year:
Photo Hosted at Buzznet
Yup. Here’s a closeup:
Photo Hosted at Buzznet
That would be a pair of socks for my brother, a cozy for Alison, a knit bag for a friend, a hat for Matt’s aunt, armwarmers for Rebecca, a knit Danish Flag for Jason, an Ipod cozy for Matt, a necklace for my sister in law, and a necklace/earring set for my grandma.

And on the other side…

Photo Hosted at Buzznet
A pile of yarn that I dyed myself sitting on a branching out for LB, the cherry blossom shawl for my grandma, and a pile of stitch markers. Yeah… dying yarn? So very fun.

I gave this set to my mother in law (she’s a crocheter) – which also includes a stitch marker made by me:
Photo Hosted at BuzznetPhoto Hosted at Buzznet
And this set to my mom (an avid sock knitter) – which includes these tiny sock stitch markers and a row counter.
Photo Hosted at BuzznetPhoto Hosted at Buzznet

Two of those skeins in my mom’s pile were my "test skeins" and were cheaper wool (not the superwash) – but even they turned out well enough to be gifted! I so need to do more dying– and actually keep some of the yarn for myself next time! I used the acid dye and Knitpicks dye your own yarn…and 3 of those skeins are self-striping... but I’ll have a post all about it later on.

I think my fav. handknit (other than the cherry blossom shawl, of course) gift this year was the little Ipod cozy I knit for Matt. I pretty much just made it up as I went along but it turned out really nice. The best part was that he opened it before he opened the ipod… which confused him but definitely amused me.

I think everyone really liked and appreciated their handmade things – oh and don’t worry – I have some pictures of my grandma and her shawl to share – I just have to get them from my mom’s camera. Here’s some gratuitous close-ups of some of the other gifts:

Sister in law’s necklace:
Photo Hosted at Buzznet
Aunt Cathy’s Hat:
Photo Hosted at Buzznet
Rebecca’s Armwarmers:
Photo Hosted at Buzznet
Andy’s Socks:
Photo Hosted at Buzznet

Yeah for handmade gifts!

12 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:58 PM

    Wow, that yarn looks gorgeous. You've been very productive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The yarn really is nice - you'll need to take lots of photos next time around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:48 PM

    My goodness, you were so productive!! I think it's so much more special to give hand-made gifts. It's like giving a little piece of yourself. I'm sure everyone loved their wonderful stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy Cow! That is amazingly productive. Good for you!

    BTW, love all the hand-dyed yarn and the tags you came up with? priceless.

    Are you going into business??? Tee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You gave a lot of gifts - I'm sure your mom will love the Sensational Knitted Socks book. I know I do - I taught myself how to knit socks by making their miniature sock and found it super helpful, plus that chart where they give you standard measurements/cast on #s by shoe size!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you were busy! Very impressive!! All look very nice! Great Job! You're going to have to tell me more about how you dyed the sock yarn! I think I want to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:50 PM

    Your hand-dyed yarn looks fantastic! I'm so impressed! Yay for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good job! But doesn't feel great that it's over?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous3:51 PM

    Hey! How about knitting gifts you GOT!?!
    you boring sock knitting mother

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow... you've been busy! I thought I had a lot on my plate... good job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous5:58 AM

    I can't believe how busy and productive you've been - and everything looks totally amazing! These are definitely the most perfect gifts! And I'm really impressed by your hand-dyed yarn, these colours are divine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow - i didn't realize how much you were knitting for xmas - wtg, girl!
    and the hand-dyeds are really awesome...i bet the recipients were soooo thrilled!

    can't wait for tonight!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...