January 5, 2007

Durrow is actually happening

So I did do quite a bit of knitting while on my hiatus – and I only knit on one project. I think that’s some sort of record for me. Check it out:
Photo Hosted at Buzznet
The back is almost to the point where I need to make a decision as to what to do with the neckline, the front is started, and I’m through the first chart and one whole repeat of the second chart on one of the arms. The cables are kicking my ass – they require A LOT of concentration, a magnetic chart holder thingy, and nearly complete silence or a glass of wine – one of the two. But I totally think they are worth it:

Photo Hosted at Buzznet
As a side note Matt has renamed this his “Brit killing sweater” thanks to watching Braveheart while I was working on it. Offensive, yes, but amusing. I don’t quite have the heart to tell him that the cable pattern is based on an Irish manuscript and isn’t really Scottish at all… although the centered double increase technique is Celtic…. Whatever – I’m just glad he likes it so much!

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:49 PM

    Wow, it's beautiful!!! Those are some very, very impressive cables!!! Wow, wow, wow!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome. It's going to be so gorgeous! I can't wait to see it on him. Aren't you psyched!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:58 PM

    Holy Crap those cables are intense!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you've been busy too! Looks great! I am very impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's looking great - those cables are so intricate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:56 AM

    LOL - "Brit Killing Sweater" totally cracks me up! But it's looking so amazing already, the cabling is totally stunning and intense! Fantastic work indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow - those cables are amazing...as are you, my knitting idol friend! : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, is that gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...