January 8, 2007

Christmas Knitting – Stuff I got.

So check it out:
Photo Hosted at Buzznet
I did pretty good this year as far as the knitting gifts goes! I got the knitpicks options needles set (SCORE!), beautiful handmade wooden needles, a year subscription to Interweave Knits, and a knitting in public sock bag from my mom. And my grandma (the one I knit the shawl for) gave me a box of yarn, a pattern for socks, a scarf that she knit herself, and a set of the light-up needles which I can’t wait to try. I also got a gift certificate to soft ‘n sassy from Grandma Bobbie that I can’t wait to spend on something soft… and perhaps sassy.

Here’s a closeup of the box-o-yarn –
Photo Hosted at Buzznet
It’s enough of the Crystal Palace Kid Merino to make these socks... But I’m not sure I want to make socks out of it… I like the rainbow idea a lot but I’m thinking perhaps a rainbow lace scarf would be a better use of the yarn…perhaps a rainbow branching out? Or a rainbow falling water? what do you think?

Anyways my favorite knitting related gift is very clearly these:
Photo Hosted at Buzznet

That would be two (!) pairs of socks that my mom knit for me! One pair is her typical sock pattern – the pattern that I have been mocking her for knitting over and over and over and over again. I kept telling her she should at least try a little bit of some kind of pattern… perhaps even venture out into the land of toe ups. Well… it turns out she was being adventurous but couldn’t tell me:
Photo Hosted at Buzznet
She knit me LACE socks!!!

I mean lace! With a chart and everything! Just for me! And the plain socks she knit me are actually her traveling socks – she knit them while in Italy. I’m so lucky….

17 comments:

  1. Great haul! I don't think I'd make socks with the yarn. I love the idea of the rainbow scart - more people will see the colors that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:48 PM

    Fabulous gifts!!!! Your socks are incredible - and look at your mom go!! Lace socks . . . from a chart . . . WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh - good stuff. I hadn't seen the Falling Water pattern - knit that!

    It must be nice to be from a family of knitters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:49 PM

    I was going to say the exact same thing as Beth. Sheesh! But oh, I love that pattern -- how did I ever miss it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:02 PM

    You are lucky, indeed. My mother thinks that my knitting looks tedious. Hmmmph. shows what she knows. :)

    I like your new socks. Although the lace is incredible, my favorite is the travelling pair.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:03 PM

    My god what a knitty family you have! Definite Score!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful to be surrounded by so many knit lovers! You surely did get some great gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous2:02 AM

    Wow! That's one heck of a score, that's for sure! All these goodies! That yarn looks so soft and cozy, and yay for the socks you got from your Mom! The lace ones are absolutely awesome, what an amazing pattern! I'm sure she enjoyed it a big lot knitting something else than her tried-and-true sock version - and you'll have a great time wearing them! Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh man - where to begin?
    i got the options, too - woohoo!
    i also rcvd a knitting on the go bag and can't wait to get me some bamboo short sock needles and start over on a pair of socks, now that i'm feeling more comfortable w/ dpn's.
    the socks are gorgeous - go carol on the lace and the other ones are cute, too!
    can't wait to see the light up ones...i've thought about getting a pair, but haven't wanted to spend the $$.
    the yarn from grandma is awesome - would love to see it as a lacy scarf!
    all in all, looks like u were a lucky lucky knitter this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous9:24 AM

    I've heard great things about the Options needles and the light up needles seem like a fun idea. Your mom did a great job with the lace socks - that's so cool that she tried something new for you! I don't think anyone would be able to buy me knitting related gifts - it is so great that your mom and grandma knit so they know exactly what you'd like!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous9:38 AM

    Very nice gifts. The lace socks are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous7:01 PM

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Damn! How jealous am I??

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're so lucky! I didn't gett anythingk "knitty" for Christmas...even though I asked for some stuff and left links and everything! Maybe next week I'll bring my Knit Picks set so you can see how I organized it...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! What awesome gifts! And how cool that your mom and grandma knit for you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well, Hey - if you do a project like a rainbow scarf with that Kid Merino - let us know, we'd love to share the photo as a new idea in our Gallery area and link to your blog.

    Susan at Crystal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous11:55 PM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...