January 16, 2007

Life in Cleveland

So I haven’t posted anything that’s been going on in my life other than knitting for awhile now… which is sad b/c it’s been a very fun past few weeks! I just had so much knitting to catch up with… anyways…

Christmas was good.

New years was good. We went down to the C-bus as has become our tradition for LB and Rgill’s rockin’ eve. We played a lot of Loaded Questions – best game ever – and one of the questions was "If you had to spend the rest of your life stuck in one time and place where would it be?" I think I’d pick here:

Don Pablos, 2 margharita’s happy, with my good friends. ‘Cause that’s a really, really good place to be.

Then last weekend we had our second annual Pasta Day. This year we branched out a bit… and made butternut squash tortollini, and spinach cheese ravioli in addition to the plain noodles. We also busted out some pesto that I had frozen from this summer (I grew the basil myself! So proud of that.), and rocked a butter/sage/walnut sauce. I also made meat sauce for the first time from scratch. Which was so much easier to do than I had anticipated! It turned out great – even though Matt got very very nervous when I started deviating from my mom’s recipe and adding in things…like wine.

It was such a fun day – actually it was a fun weekend. Some of my friends that I didn’t get to see over New Years came into town which is always good. Although Lori Beth and I had dueling family pasta recipes... Her family puts milk in their pasta dough… My family decidedly does not. So there was a little wine-fueled trash talking going on. Honestly, though, they were both pretty damn good.

5 comments:

  1. Sound like a fun and busy holiday season!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:39 AM

    Looks like such a good time! Glad you had a great holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see that your holiday season has been such a great one. I love the fact that you and your friends all get together as much as you do. Treasure that. . . .it's what life's best memories are made of.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great family pic at the top!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys are so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...