January 20, 2007

Distraction. In sock form.

So here’s an approximate conversation from my house:

Matt: Um… what’s that?
Me: a sock.
Matt: What happened to my sweater.
Me: This is bus knitting. Doesn’t count.
Matt (very confused): But…you’re not on the bus?
Me: Yeah well I needed to knit something colorful.
Matt: What about that fuzzy rainbow thing you kept asking me about?
Me: That’s lace. So not the same thing.
Matt: ooooo kaaay. Seriously, though…. Where’s my sweater?
Me: Dude, lay off. I have to get this second sock started or I’ll have nothing to knit on the bus tomorrow and that would be BAD.
Matt: It’s just that I have so many Britts to kill.
Me: Stephen Colbert rules.
Matt: Seriously.

And here’s the sock we were talking about:
Photo Hosted at Buzznet

Isn’t it cute! Cant you see how it would tempt me with it’s slipped stitch ways? How it’s fun, easy, mindless yet amusing pattern would call out to me even when not on the bus?
Photo Hosted at Buzznet
So much more fun than ribbing in gray wool…. However, he does have many Britts to kill so the second one of these socks will have to be banished to the bus.

Oh yeah - the yarn for this sock is knitpicks sock memories in pansy and the pattern is from a really geeky sock pamphlet that my grandma gave me.

Stay warm this weekend!

16 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful sock. You MUST share the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:14 PM

    I love doing slip stitches! And Stephen Colbert definitely rules.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:54 PM

    What a great pattern! Looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:07 PM

    Don't worry, I totally get it!! That sock pattern is so cool. And the yarn is beautiful - it does look just like my favorite flowers. We love Stephen Colbert in my house too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:33 AM

    Great sock! That pamphlet can't be too geeky with that pattern in it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:06 AM

    Love slip stitch patterns! Miles of gray ribbing never beats multicolor slip stitch immediate-gratification projects, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - Seriously...wow! I love love love the colorway and the pattern is so cool! And that Matt is such a silly boy..."Give me my sweater, Woman!" ; )

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know I just love those socks! I htink my next pair is going to have to be with that pattern!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous2:29 PM

    Awesome! Hubby needs a hobby!

    ReplyDelete
  10. well, it might be "geeky" but I love that pattern! Share! Share!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous3:56 PM

    That's a seriously fun pattern. Perfect yarn for it!

    I'd love SC more if I had cable. :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous4:07 PM

    Very cool pattern. Is it still in print? Or is it very vintage?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous10:44 PM

    I love that sock and it looks great in that colorway. I say teach him to knit a few rows on the sweater too. Seriously though, you are lucky to have a guy who wants knitted items. I wish my hubby did.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous11:19 PM

    I love your sock conversation, you make perfect sense to me.

    The socks look great.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great pattern for handpainted yarns! Maybe you could just post the stitch pattern for us...I don't think that would violate any copyrights!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...