January 12, 2007

Following your advice – part 2

So, Thanks so much for all of your opinions!!! I’m pretty much just going to follow everything you guys said – check it out:

That would be the start of it knit on size 7’s (not 8’s) and it is working out great. 8’s would definitely have been too big. You can also see that I’m starting with the color changes – using option A from below. I agree – more stripes = more visual interest. I think if it was just color blocks, and not the gradient, I would have used B but because I’m doing the whole 2 strands held together thing I’m going with A. Ok I’m totally not explaining that well…. Here’s what I’m doing:


Knit one pattern repeat with color A held double stranded
Knit one pattern repeat with one strand color A and one strand color B
Knit one pattern repeat with color B held double stranded
Knit one pattern repeat with one strand color B and one strand color C
And so on….


I think it’s going to be very pretty… Thanks again and have a great weekend!

10 comments:

  1. Oh! Now I get it. I love how the color is changing. I'll enjoy watching this one grow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:15 AM

    The color changes are going to be lovely. Look forward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is awesome - can't wait to see more more more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:00 AM

    Ooooh, it's so pretty already. Looks like you're off to a great start.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:08 AM

    Wow! Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the looks of it! Really pretty! Can't wait to see it as it gets a little bigger!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:49 AM

    Yummy! This is going to look fantastic - already does!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous3:15 AM

    Love the colors - the blues are great. And the pink lace for grandma, anybody would have more street cred if they had someone kind enough to knit that for them. My goodness... what a gift.
    I am so jealous though. You got great knitting gifts. My family doesn't get it.... I have been knitting and spinning for 6 years and they have NEVER bought me a single thing related to fiber. I guess they look at it as MY hobby, but gosh it would be nice.
    But then, I am the only person in my family who even knows the difference between wool and alpaca.
    I can't wait to see the scarf grow... does it work if you water it?
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to see more progress on your lace. So happy that the #7's are working out for you! And I love that Grandma is happy with her lace. I bet she's the envy of all her friends. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is going to be soooooo FAB!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...