December 22, 2006

Shiny Objects

First of all your comments on my Target experience cracked me up!!! The holidays seriously bring out the crazy in people, don’t they. Anyways I have one other handmade gift that I can share on the blog… after that it all has to wait until next week….

So my other grandma – not the one I made the shawl for – isn’t so into the hand knits. Last year I knit a felted bag and a scarf for her and I don’t think she really liked it all that much. Which is fine because she appreciates and loves my handmade jewelry more than anyone ever has. She still wears things that I made for her literally when I was in grade school. She has also through the years given me many, many beads and necklaces, etc. that are basically bobbles from the ‘60’s for me to take apart and reuse. Gotta love that! She’s also one of the few people that I know who can really pull off fantabulous earrings.

So anyways this year I wanted to make her some truly spectacular jewelry:
I’m pretty happy with how it turned out… and all of the findings are sterling silver so it’s definitely a quality piece… I hope she likes it!

11 comments:

  1. She will love it, for sure. Hope your holidays are happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a definite plus to her liking jewelry better, it seems much quicker to make than a pair of socks, or scarves, or gloves, or other complicated knitting stuff. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. The earrings are beautiful. I'm sure she'll love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! My grandma's favorite color is purple.

    ReplyDelete
  5. DAMN! I am so jealous of you right now that if it weren't for the fact that I know how absolutely adorable you are, I would HAVE to hate you. First the shawl and now that jewelry, WOW!

    I absolutely love that set. It is really, really gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I like the chemo hat, too. I'm going to try it soon. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:40 AM

    Lucky Grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OHH Those are soo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, girlie...you are sooo talented! these are beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous11:15 PM

    This jewelry is absolutely gorgeous, you're so talented!
    Happy Holidays, and all the best to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The jewellry is beautiful, she must have loved it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...