July 27, 2008

So much for that “triumphant” part

So I am swimming in unfinished socks. I’m going to ‘fess up. It isn’t pretty.

Paris Test Socks:
Paris Socks
I knit one of these to see how the colorway would stripe… and then I kindof stopped. The second one isn’t even half done.
Paris Socks

Orsund Test Socks:
Destination Yarn - Copenhagen

So close! I’m literally down to 3 rows and a toe. And yet they lie unfinished while I blog about how I really should finish them.

Pittsburgh-ish Test Socks
pittsburgh socks
These aren’t actually the Pittsburgh colorway. Matt deemed this yarn too red and black. So I figured I’d use the reject skein and throw together a pair of socks for him. Knit on 3’s they had to go fast, right? Yeah. Not if I never work on them they won’t. I never even made it down to the heel on the first sock.
pittsburgh socks
So that’s 3 pairs of unfinished socks. Clearly an unacceptable place to be. So last week I decided to actually finish something. I was all set to not blog until I could present a finished object. But then while digging out all of those unfinished socks I found that yarn I bought at the Great Lakes Fiber Festival… and I’m kindof sick of knitting with only Destination Yarn… and you guys are probably sick of seeing only Destination Yarn stuff on this blog… and before I knew it this happened:
Hedra-ish
The start of a Hedra-ish pattern in Creatively Dyed luxury sock. Obviously I have a problem.

Hedra-ish
But at least it’s a pretty problem to have!

Also I had a very busy weekend with the dying – which means that there will be lots more yarn-y travel soon! I’ll even give you some hints – the next place I’m going to take you to is where I discovered my love of sushi. The place after that is the place I’d most like to go back to of anywhere I’ve been. And the last colorway is all about the food.

Any guesses?

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:16 AM

    The socks all look great! I really like that last one. Have fun on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHH look at all those pretty socks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think three, or even four, pairs of Socks in Progress is totally acceptable. Especially when they are all so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dig the Hedera column! What a great idea!

    Hmmm...love of sushi. I'm going to guess Japan or Hawaii. We found a hole in the wall sushi place when we were in Waikiki six years ago, and I still dream of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:59 PM

    Wow... fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:37 PM

    Gorgeous socks - I really love the first pair...

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's ok I have that problem too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice projects. I'd have trouble choosing which to finish first. I really like the pattern stitch with the Pittsburgh colorway. The last pair looks great too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...