July 29, 2008

San Francisco

So San Francisco is one of the few places other than Cleveland that I’ve been fortunate enough to actually live. We didn’t live there for very long but it was a great experience. We got to drive across the country both ways, visit many beautiful national parks, and perhaps most importantly eat ridiculous amounts of excellent sushi.
matt and my dad
Matt and my dad standing outside of the best/cheapest sushi restaurant in town. My parents came out to visit us and we basically took them on a culinary tour of the city. It was so much fun. Also? I forgot how different Matt looked with the shaggy hair!

So there’s many different ways I could have gone with this colorway… but I decided on taking the iconic image approach. And the most iconic image of San Francisco for me is the Golden Gate Bridge in the fog:
Golden Gate Bridge
I lived there long enough to know to always bring a jacket because when that fog rolls in, man does it get cold.
Golden Gate Bridge
Golden Gate Bridge
Pretty, but cold.

Anyways for the yarn I wanted to create the strong orange of the bridge against the grays of the fog. The result was this:
San Francisco Self Striping Sock Yarn Postcard

Which will stripe in pairs, just like bridge:
Golden Gate Bridge
San Francisco Self Striping Sock Yarn Postcard
I really like it. It seems like a very guy friendly yarn and yet stripes are fun to knit with!

San Francisco Self Striping Sock Yarn Postcard
It’s now available at Destination Yarn.

Edited to add:

Wow! You guys cleaned me out of the first 2 skeins super-quick!!! Thanks! I have 2 more dyed and ready to go but I haven’t finished winding them up yet. I’ll finish it tonight and list them tomorrow or Friday at the latest. Thanks!

Also – there will be an update with a whole bunch more Copenhagen soon…

11 comments:

  1. That's awesome! Love the self-striping pattern to it. Too cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another winner!! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! And I like the pic of Matt holding up the bridge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yea! one of my favorite places to live! what fun was that! was that the place in the castro district next to the crepe place?! yumm! sushi and crepes what a yummy dinner! and remember that pizza shop on the corner behind us? I love food in SF! I want to go back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. dude--matt is so young there! craziness. also--very manly yarn i think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:25 PM

    Love the yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:44 PM

    Dude, nice hair Matt! Pretty SF.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The stripes are fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely color combination. i love hearing how you get your palette inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your yarn is fantastic. I love this colorway. You capture the places that inspire you perfectly!

    Once we get our Disney trip over with I may have to treat myself to some of your yarn!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...