July 10, 2008

Fourth of July Recap and Stitch ‘n Pitch

Ok first of all – is everyone as excited as I am about Stitch ‘n Pitch tonight? Because I can’t wait. I’m meeting some of my knitting friends (who aren’t on Ravelry so probably have no clue how big this event is going to be) at the Winking Lizard on Huron before the game for some happy hour fun in case any of you SnPers want to join us! Also super-fun? This:
Destination Yarn
I’ve spent all week getting my crap together so that I could bring some Destination Yarn to the game with me. I don’t want to sell anything tonight b/c I’m sitting in a section with a group from a yarn store and I really don’t want to step on the toes of the lovely people at French Creek Fiber Arts. I’d feel funny peddle my wares in their turf… but I do want to show everyone what I’ve been working on because I’m just so excited about it.
Destination Yarn
And did I mention that I have 2 new colorways that haven’t been listed yet? That are completely unseen by the internets? Find me at Stitch ‘n Pitch and I’d be happy to give you a sneak preview….

Anyways! Enough about Etsy how about some life?

Last weekend was our annual 4th of July activities with our friends. This is just my fav. standing tradition and possibly my fav. holiday. I mean when else can you spend the day with people you don’t get to see that often sitting on a roof drinking mojitos? Because that’s just the bestest. Also fun? Indoor cornhole:
Indoor Cornhole
Yup. It was raining so we brought the game inside:
Indoor Cornhole
Luckily Sarah has a big apartment:
Indoor Cornhole
It worked out pretty well except that I kept getting foiled by the doorway…

Then on Sat night we had a wedding to go to of one of the girls that used to be on our rowing team. Sadly I have very few pictures (stupid camera) but I did get a choice shot of Osam supermaning:
Superman
The wedding was completely lovely. Everything was beautiful and very classy and attentive to details. However I have to be snarky about one thing that has nothing to do with the bride and groom or their wedding in particular …

The reception was held at a brand new “state of the art” reception venue way out in the burbs that was built specifically for weddings. It featured a grand stair that – while it doesn’t actually go anywhere since it is in a 1 story building is just perfect for photographs. Ok. I’m an architect. I work in urban revitalization. Shit like this makes me crazy. I mean a grand stair to nowhere? Really? Are we that fake as a society that we need to not only build fake downtowns but also fake photo-op stairs? And we think it’s super awesome? Apparantly so. The best part is that when this was described to me I pictured it dying into an acoustical tile ceiling trimmed in ridiculous crown molding.

And it totally did.

Because nothing says class like acoustic tile.

Fake Stair
Matt was equally amused/horrified.

So of course we had to take advantage of this “beautiful photo opportunity” - notice that the “second floor” is just a hallway to an access panel. Shudder.
Fake Stair
I’m picturing a developer whose daughter got married and who thought “Dude I have got to get me a piece of that billion dollar industry.” That has to be the explanation for crap like this.

Anyways all in all it was a fabulous weekend. We even got the 5 of us girls who talk every day together in the same room:
My People
My people.

You know you are good friends when you can not see each other for months and the just pick up right where you left off… funtimes, indeed.

15 comments:

  1. I'll be looking for you tonight...I'm sitting in the same group of tickets! GO TRIBE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. staircases to nowhere? i thought that was only allowed in san jose at the winchester house. at least that is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we are so cute i can hardly stand it! also, picture of indoor cornhole rule.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll miss you tonight! Hopefully next year it won't be on my anniversary!

    Indoor cornhole! good times!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adding "Indoor Cornhole" to the list of future Horny Melon Flesh song titles...

    ReplyDelete
  6. New colorways??? New colorways??? I can't wait to see!! Have fun tonight. Hey, maybe the LYS will want to sell your yarns in their store!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous6:32 PM

    What beautiful yarn!

    Good times!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh goodness...you do know what that Superman song means right?!?

    Have fun at SnP tonigh! Can't wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous7:35 PM

    Gorgeous yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  10. GO TRIBE!!!!

    Hey, btw, did you use my mojito recipe???? YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cornhole! I just played that game on the 4th of July. Although, I did not know that it was called Cornhole when I played it. My dad wouldn't tell me what it was called. I assumed that it must be a somewhat dirty name. Ha! Cornhole!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Way to go, the Indians finally won a game? Coincidence that all you knitters were there? I don't think so...any chance you could go to every game?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous1:20 PM

    Hope you had fun at the game! Fun pics!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't believe that I am missing the SnP festivities this year! (Well, I'll be in France so I might get over it.) Have a great time with your peeps!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like some good times were had!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...