July 18, 2008

Melon Colors And The Infinite Randomness

1.) That was a terrible bastardization of an album title.

2.) This creepy melon is actually a Pepino melon. Learn something new every day. Inside it is just like the outside – Yellow with Purple bits:
PICT8490
I was sortof right.
PICT8492
Yeah. None of us were brave enough to actually try this one, though because it smelled like celery. Melons should not smell like celery. Still a fun experiment, though! And always looking for new hits for the band – like Creepy Melon Stand and Purple?

3.) Did you know that hypercolor was back? Uh huh. Apparently it’s not 1988 it’s 1991. Good to know. Because let me tell you I rocked my purple/pink hypercolor sweatshirt in ’91. I was the envy of all of my friends. I don’t know if I could pull it off this time, though…

4.) While I was in Boston we went on a mission to find this bakery, Flour, because it promised homemade Oreos. Yes. Homemade. Oreos. It’s quite possibly the best idea ever. Every bite lived up to my very high bakery expectations:
Homemade Oreo from Flour
Amazing.

Sadly to my knowledge no bakery in Cleveland carries such goodness. However thanks to the wonder of the intrentets (and Alisha For linking to it) now I can make my own.

Homemade oreos recipe (you have to scroll down a little)

I can’t wait to try it!

5.) The knitting has been pretty non-existent around here. I’m basically just working on the Orsund socks which are taking way longer than they should… however thanks to my grandpa I’m about to rock the spinning:
Lazy Kate
He made me my very own tensioned Lazy Kate! So now I won’t have to ball everything up before I ply it!
Lazy Kate

I also have a bunch of garden pics to share… but I think I’m going to make those their own post.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

9 comments:

  1. That new song title would be "Yellow Purple Bits". And the lyrics would would have a dude in 'em named Pepino.

    Okay, I'm not much of a sugar person, but that homemade Oreo looks really. really. *licks screen* good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Homemade oreo's sound like a great idea! As much filing as I like!

    I had a pink/white Hypercolor shirt. I wore it with my Keds. I thought I was so amazingly cool

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I had the purple pink hypercolor t-shirt! I sure thought I was cool! LOL

    I'm going to have to go try that recipe! Yum-O

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmm! homemade oreo's look yummy and I don't even like oreo's!

    I'm thinking you need to go to hawaii and get the melon that is sorta like pina colada tasting, and kinda creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:34 PM

    Yummy homemade oreos! Yikes on that melon... celery really? ick. Can't even imagine... Spinning is lovely as usual. Stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. About the fruit experiement - one word: durian. (it would be blog fodder if nothing else)

    I also had a hypercolor shirt. I think I might be a bit too curvy to wear one now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Homemade oreos--yum. I think I just gained weight looking at your photo.

    I can't wait to see your garden shots.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I SO rocked a hypercolor sweatshirt. it was awesome times. i think i got rid of it at some point. what a shame. i swear i told you that i recently saw someone wearing a hypercolor shirt and i was all "what the heck decade are they in?" apparently they were fashion forward.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The homemade oreos look so good. drool.

    Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate your comments. :-)

    Any new colorways in the works?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...