July 12, 2008

#7 Antigua

So right now I’m out of town wedding dress shopping with my good friend. Which means that in the past 2 months I have been to 2 weddings and wedding dress/bridesmaids dress shopping 3 times. Yeah. Vortex of Tulle. Anyways thanks to the superfun blog ahead feature I was able to post my next colorway! Which is actually very appropriate considering all of this wedding talk…



We spent our honeymoon the Caribbean island of Antigua and Barbuda:

Antigua

Antigua



So when everyone was commenting on beach colorways as a possibility I knew exactly the image I wanted to use:

Antigua



Matt thought there should be bits of green in this yarn for the palm trees… but I disagreed. For me the ultimate beach colorway should just be the image of a perfect, clear ocean view:






Pic from here on flickr.



Aqua and sky blue and sand with bits of white where the waves are crashing. Or perhaps for the sail of a boat off in the distance…

Antigua Yarn



Ultimately my idea won out since I was the one actually dying it and all…although I may have to do an Antigua II and realize his vision because I really like this colorway:

Antigua Yarn

Antigua Yarn



That’s all of the new colorways I have ready at the moment… however I do have a bunch more up my sleeve. When I get home I’ll post a Stitch ‘n Pitch recap and possibly some photos of hideous wedding dresses depending on how lucky we are today. I’m hoping for giant piles of tulle that turn my friend into a muffin. Or possibly a hoop skirt. Although I shudder to think what she would make me wear to compliment that.... It probably involves a hat.

5 comments:

  1. I may need to learn to knit -- I've already purchased one of your colorways and have wanted to purchase just about each one of the other ones. Antigua may be my favorite so far!
    (first attempt to comment received an error; hope this isn't a dupe)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such gorgeous blues!

    The salon I bought my wedding gown from let me try on this heeeyoooge tulle muffin and take pictures to act as a decoy in case Hubster tried to sneak a peek in my planner. (My actual gown was a slinky lil' number.) You wouldn't think it, but that tulle weighed a ton!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH that color is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colorway, you captured the sea very well!

    Looking at wedding venues this week my mothers keep looking at doorways to bathrooms and wondering if my dress will fit. I'm wondering how big these dresses get!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great colorway! I love the pics too. I haven't been to Antigua (yet) - one of the few Caribbean islands I've missed!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...