June 18, 2007

Instant gratification. In sock form.

So San Antonio may have colorful umbrellas next to a drainage ditch but we have colorful sunrises over a real body of water:
Sunrise over Cleveland
Sunrise over Lake Erie
Sunrise over Lake Erie
I think despite the NBA finals Cleveland still wins.

Anyways on to my sock:
Instant Gratification Sock
I cranked that sock out in lightning speed. I only owned the yarn for 5 days and it was already a sock. I think that’s some kindof record (well not really b/c of these but they were worsted so it hardly counts). The yarn is Cider Moon Glacier in Asbury Park… I bought it (in a fit of rage) when I was a few repeats away from finishing the Spring Socks-that-never-end partially as motivation to finish partially as a “Screw this. The next socks I knit are going to be sport weight!"

Socks fly off the needles when they are on size 3 needles... but only if you actually work on them. The second sock is sadly going much, much slower:

Instant Gratification Sock
I knit that from the ribbing down to the heel, turned the heel, and started the gusset while I was in the emergency room with Matt. Since then I’ve knit a few rows here and there during lunch… and that’s it. Hopefully I can get my fast-sock mojo back and finish these up soon…

Speaking of finishing, I did actually finish the alpaca scarf:
Moonlight Alpaca Scarf
Love me some long fringe.

Hope you’re having a fantabulous Monday!

11 comments:

  1. cleveland definitely takes the cake over san antonio. i especially love the last pic!
    i was born in rainbow babies, so i absolutely share your belief in the greatness of cleveland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:27 PM

    Pretty skyline pics, but you're absolutely correct.. Cleveland is better. Scarf & socks are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice scarf AND socks! That's interesting... your Asbury Park seems to have more color variation than mine does. Mine is Blizzard, though.

    Cider Moon *is* crack. I really want some of the Grilled Veggies colorway. Also Positano. And Congo. Um, and Lost. Yeah, I have a problem.

    And of course you are right about our fair city.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My CM glacier sock is just sitting. Maybe I should rip it and try a plain sock. I've been hankering for something mindless.

    Beautiful sunrise pictures. Sorry you had to be up so early. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What gorgeous picts of Cleveland!

    Love the colors on socks, and your scarf is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty sock. The colors are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why is it that the first sock goes faster than the second?! Socks on size 3 needles do go alot faster - so why is it that I'm stuck on size 0 and 1?!!?! The scarf is really beautiful - love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous2:15 AM

    Speedy speedy knitting! Love the sock and scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous9:58 AM

    I have got to get me some Cider Moon. Your socks look great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome scarf and socks.

    And YES - any city in OHIO beats any city in TEXAS. Maybe Austin can be the exception to the rule ... but CLEVELAND ROCKS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oooh - alpaca scarf pretty...me likey! and the socks look cool, too!

    moving day is almost here...can't wait to relax and start knitting again!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...