February 6, 2007

Field Work Socks

So check out my newest socks:

These would be the first in a long line of quick projects that are hopefully going to hold my attention while I’m couchbound. These are pair of thick, boot socks for myself to keep my feet warm while I’m out on construction sites in the winter. And of course I had to knit them in my school colors – UC is the one of the top schools in the country for Architecture – so I need to flaunt my alma mater!


Pattern: Basic Top Down Socks 40 stitches, size 5 needles, based on the Men's Gray Socks on the Lion Brand website. I knit in K2P2 rib for 11 rows, knit one row Black, then alternated stripes of 4 rows.
Yarn: Swish Superwash, just less than 1 skein of Red Pepper, 1 skein plus a little of a second of Black
Timeline: Yeah. I cast on for these on the way to Akron for work on Thursday. I finished them during the superbowl. I literally knit an entire sock on Sunday. Being couchbound, while boring and frustrating, does have some serious knitting advantages!

10 comments:

  1. Great socks! Holy moly! I just got caught up with you and your injury. Bummer. I hope you heal quickly.

    Does that mean you can't shop for yarn, too? Well you could shop online, but I volunteer to go shop for you if it involves shopping for yarn! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:43 PM

    Those are cute socks. Will keep your poor foot nice and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow your speedy! Those are cute! Maybe my hubby will get a pair of swish socks yet!
    Missed you tonight at Birds of a Feather!...It was just Caroline, Tammy and me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You want to know something funny? I went to UC as well! I went for engineering, though.

    Love the socks! That's a great idea for staying warm in this (not so) lovely weather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:33 AM

    Those socks ROCK! Thanks for the info on the board. I'll be sure to check Joann's next time I'm there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those socks look super-warm and toasty...I could use them in my freezing cold house right now haha

    Hope the foot is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those socks look really warm. How is the swish superwash to knit with? Hoping your foot heals quickly, but take advantage of the couch and knitting time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute are those?? Looks like you are being very productive with your couch time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those! Black and red are my kind of colors. When I'm a grown up knitter, I want to be able to knit a sock in a day -- rather than a month!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great socks! I love the bold stripes. And Swish is a nice yarn.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...