February 1, 2007

How to make a knitter crazy.

How to make a knitter crazy. In 3 steps.

Step 1: Give her something really lacy, pretty, and rectangular to block and the desire to block it right now.
Photo Hosted at Buzznet
Step 2. Hide her blocking wires.
Photo Hosted at Buzznet
Step 3: Don’t give her enough of the pins with the large heads to finish the job.
Photo Hosted at Buzznet
Oh the lengths I will go to for properly blocked lace.
Photo Hosted at Buzznet
Seriously I don’t know what the #$% happened to my blocking wires. Perhaps Dexter ate them.

But I totally think it was worth it in the end:
Photo Hosted at Buzznet

Pattern: Falling Water Lace Scarf
Needles: Size 7, Knitpicks Options
Yarn: Crystal Palace Kid Merino that my grandma gave me for Christmas.

And a few more shots of it finished and off the blocking board:
Photo Hosted at Buzznet

Photo Hosted at Buzznet

Lace knitting is so fun!

15 comments:

  1. OMG! It's stunning!!! I don't know what else to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so beautiful!!! All of your hard work sure paid off. :)

    PS: After seeing your pics, I've decided I must get a blocking board. Especially if I plan to start knitting lace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it... the colors are so pretty ;)
    I need a blocking board too. Where did you get yours? It looks huge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:34 PM

    Looks great! I never thought of using that thing (what's it called?) as a blocking board - I usually use mine only to lay out sewing patterns, but what a great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH that is gorgeous!!!!!!!! I wonder what did with my old board like that....I used to have one for sewing and haven't seen it in forever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK, I have to admit that I was hesitantly optimistic about a "rainbow" lace scarf.

    I currently have a huge case of indigestion from eating all the words that I was holding in my doubt of this scard.

    WOW - that is amazingly beautiful.

    I shall never doubt you again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous6:34 PM

    Uh, my breathe taketh away! Stunning truly stunning! Where did you get your block board? Curious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10:48 PM

    Oh my gosh - that is stunning. I wouldn't have thought to block it but it really showed off the lace work.
    Maybe that is why I don't do lace as of yet - I never blocked it so it didn't have that finished look.
    You are so smart!
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous11:48 PM

    Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely GORGEOUS! I have been contemplating getting blocking wires since I've decided 2007 is going to be a lace knitting year...you have convinced me to do so!
    I wanted to thank you for welcoming me to the Manly Gift KAL, it's going to be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, jeanne...that is just gorgeous! great job and bad dexter for eating the blocking wires ; )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, it's beautiful!!

    Oh and I'm jealous, you have a blocking pad!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...