February 14, 2007

SNOW DAY!!!!

So I had a snow day! Well, the closest thing to it I can get…. Basically we’re slammed here in Cleveland and everyone (including the mayor) is saying if you don’t have to go to work, Don’t. Or at the very least go in late. And while I feel that Architecture is a very important profession, it is not one that is life or death. There is nothing that I need to do that is worth driving in this.

So we both called off.

Although even if we wanted to…. Well… our car is pretty much stuck where we left it because we couldn’t get in the drive last night:
Photo Hosted at Buzznet

We also thought that if we left it closer to the street it would be easier to get out in the morning… Right. Also, notice my street hasn’t been plowed yet (this pic was taken at about 9AM)? Yeah. I live on a main road. A very main road. So if my road looks like that…

My raised garden bed and stone wall look good in all the snow:
Photo Hosted at Buzznet

Heh.

Poor little dog hit this wall of snow when we tried to let him out:
Photo Hosted at Buzznet
Photo Hosted at Buzznet Photo Hosted at Buzznet

We ended up putting him out the front door...

Matt dug us out at around 2ish and went into work for a few hours... with canine help, of course!
Photo Hosted at Buzznet

I, however spend the day making a tasty potroast in the crockpot and baking, as I've been told you are supposed to do on snow days. Don't worry, I did all of the baking, chopping, mixing, etc. sitting at the kitchen table with my foot propped up. We're going out of town to visit some friends this weekend and I will have at least cupcakes and brownies in tow!

Oh and as a side note - Yarn Harlot has a spectacualr post on love today. I am so very glad that I am fortunate enough to have "love with teeth."

Have a Happy Valentines Day!!

13 comments:

  1. It's crazy here isn't it?!? Snow days are the best aren't they!! Ken dug out some last night and a little before he went to work this morning. He left and came home at noon. I went out at about 11 to dig the rest of the way! Even my big dogs don't like this much snow!! We had to dig out an area for them to potty in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuck, that's way too much snow!!! We didn't get too much, but it's mostly ice pellets. Blaaa. Pea took the train to work (he always does anyway) and I was supposed to drive down and meet him to go out for a Valentine's Day dinner - but we're forced to postpone it. Oh well. I made brownies today too - what is it about snow that makes us bake??

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was so committed of him to go to work - I definitely would have stayed home.

    Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Valentine's Day ... I wish I had had a snow day! Detroit didn't get it quite as bad as Cleveland.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:27 PM

    Happy V-day! E-gads you guys got slammed. We're no better this way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:29 PM

    Happy Valentine's! I'm having a snowball sale... real cheap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. you know, I moved away from Massachusetts cuz I was sick of the winters... but I sure miss snow days!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous11:05 AM

    You guys got it even worse than we did, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, the California girl is impressed. How the heck do you live through that? I want some snow, but now really that much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A belated Happy Valentine's Day!

    I love West Side Snow! More snow then Columbus but not as much as the East Side.

    Sounds like you had a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wasn't it nutso? we were totally snowed in all day and jason had to shovel for six hours!! took my girls out in it for about three minutes at a time twice...the second time guinness just stood by the back door waiting to be let in...guess she decided the coldness overrode the fun haha stay warm and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holy Crapamoley! I'd be staying home too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, that's a lot of snow!As an Australian who has lived in both the UK and Japan, I have experienced snow, but never like that! I love the picture of the car.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...