February 22, 2007

Camping, with a hot tub

So this past weekend was Awesome. We went "camping" with a group of our friends here:
Photo Hosted at Buzznet
That would be a really nice, 2 bedroom cabin with a full kitchen and a hot tub. We were "roughing it" though - we didn’t have HBO. The cabin is somewhere in West Virginia which is magically 5 hours from everywhere. It was great. Good friends, good wine, good food. And, really, a hot tub in the snow is just so much fun.

I managed to stay off of my foot for most of the weekend – but I did take a short little walk in the woods. And since everything was so picturesque with the snow and all we thought it would be fun to take some "senior picture" shots. Check it out:

Jason in the "I’m cool because I’m holding a football" pose
Photo Hosted at Buzznet

Matt doing the “check out my dog” pose (for knitting content - my grandma knit the hat he's wearing)
Photo Hosted at Buzznet

Lori Beth represented with both classic shots – the “leaning against a rock”
Photo Hosted at Buzznet
And the “hand next to the face”
Photo Hosted at Buzznet

I think I pretty much rocked out the “sitting on a mossy rock” shot:
Photo Hosted at Buzznet

Then we found this really neat frozen stream bed….
Photo Hosted at Buzznet
Which was the perfect surface for snow angels:
Photo Hosted at Buzznet

Photo Hosted at Buzznet

A good portion of the weekend was spent playing old school Nintendo. Seriously. We are such geeks – but Mario 3 is every bit as fun as I remembered it being. Taboo, however, was the weekend favorite. Best quote ever:

Osam: "It’s like a chicken only bigger"
Jason: "Alligator!"

Heh. Funtimes.

Then last night Matt and I went to a wine tasting at the Atmosphere Gallery in Tremont. We found out about it through the Cleveland Wineaux Meet-up group which I joined on a whim while playing around online. I’m so glad we went! We got to meet the artists who are currently displaying pieces at the gallery – including Paul Duda who’s photography of Cleveland is simply amazing. We will definitely be going to more of the Wineaux events.

Tonight Matt has a late meeting so my plan is to stay off of my foot, watch exceedingly bad TV, and get back to the neglected knitting….

11 comments:

  1. Excellent snow angels. :)

    And how much wine exactly did it take to make the senior photos seem like a good idea? Looks like you guys had a great time. I'm officially envious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun - I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the most perfect snow angel I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I've finally found camping I can handle!!! :) Sounds like you all had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:38 AM

    Looks like a GREAT weekend. That's the only way I'd camp. Nice snow angels!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pictures are great! I have a whole photo shoot like that I did when I was 13. My favorite one from then was "coy girl peeking around the tree." heehee

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the "hand next to the face" - very senior picture-ish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a great weekend! The snow angels are my favorite shots. I still love making snow angels. :-) Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving the sock encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what fun! I can't remember the last time I made a snow angel!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous10:55 PM

    Sounds like a blast. I'm glad you're on the mend..

    ReplyDelete
  11. What great looking snow angels. And I have to say, that is about as "roughing it" as I like to get too. Gone are the days of hubby and I in a tent sleeping on the ground. Looks like you had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...