February 6, 2007

Thanks guys!

Thanks for all of your support guys! Knit bloggers are the best ever. Unfortunately, I haven’t missed any work due to this little issue. Actually it’s fortunately – I’m super insane busy with a deadline right now so missing is somewhat out of the question. I actually did consider trying to stay at home today … but then I realized that if I didn’t get out of the house I might go completely stir-crazy. So yeah, I’m at work… with slippers on.

As far as how I walked around on it – seriously it wasn’t that bad. I honestly thought that I was just sore from the skiing and working out and being on my feet more than usual and stuff...

Oh and I wanted to mention – I bought my blocking board at JoAnne’s… it was less than $20 and I used my 40% off coupon. Totally worth it. I actually couldn’t find it in the store – I had to ask two different people – they are with the sewing tools – like the scissors and zippers and stuff. Also, my "blocking wires" are just 1/8" x 36" metal rods from Home Depot. I think they were $1.25 each. They were pretty greasy when I got them so I spent some time cleaning them with steel wool and ajax. But now? Good as new. And waaaay cheaper than the actual blocking wires I’ve seen elsewhere! If only I could find them….

4 comments:

  1. I got to get one of those blocking boards...I know I Had one but haven't seen it since we moved, maybe I threw it out..I think it was an old one of my moms and was gross....Love the blocked wire idea! May have to head to home depot...hubby won't mind that!
    Bummer you don't get to miss any work! AT least a day or so would be nice! Feel better fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:53 PM

    I'm so sorry that you are injured. I've had my fair share of sprained ankles and, sadly, a broken bone, int the past few years. I'm sure you don't need anything, but if you do, give me a holla!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! I miss a few days of blog reading and this is what I miss! I'm so sorry you got hurt!! Rest up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:00 AM

    You can find the blocking wire kit at French Creek Fibers in Avon! I just got one a couple weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...