April 13, 2007

PC Load Letter.. what does that mean?!

Lots to blog about and not much time to do it in.... I think I’ll just make a loooong list:

1.) My computer is (sorry, grandma but there’s no other way to say this) Superfucked. I have one last thing to try and then I’m taking it somewhere in the hopes that they can at least recover my files before I end it the way they ended the printer in Office Space.

My only comfort is that I know there is a special circle of hell reserved for the soulless bastards responsible for spyware, adware, viruses, and worms.

2.) The Work Crazy is back. Which means that the few lunches that I haven’t been on site playing with the contractors have been spent bleeding all over shop drawings (meaning redlining). The fun part is that Matt has some work crazy of his own going on right now. See when it’s just one of us the other one picks up the slack as far as housework and being responsible adults is concerned. But when we’re both busy the rest of our life completely falls apart… and the laundry starts to take over…

3.) We did our taxes last night. With 5 days to spare! Totally responsible citizens. Despite the laundry situation.

4.) I got my hair cut. A lot. It’s short but I like it – pics soon (see #1).

5.) We had a nice Easter. I even made one of these again:
Photo Hosted at Buzznet
Photo Hosted at Buzznet
Heh. Something about watching those little guy melt down is disturbingly hilarious.
Photo Hosted at Buzznet
And Tasty! But not as disturbing as the fact that their eyes don’t melt.

Photo Hosted at Buzznet
Freaky.

6.) Anyone want a dog? My dad found this guy tied up behind his shop yesterday – he was soaked though in the freezing rain, had clearly been there for a long time, was obviously neglected and starved, and was tied so tight to the post that he couldn’t even move his head. Who would do that to such a cute dog?
He’s very playful and friendly and loving and is fine with other dogs… so if you know anyone who wants him… he’s at my parents’ house for the time being until we can find him a happy home.

7.) So a long time ago Matt and I decided that we were for the most part no longer going to eat at national chain restaurants. There’s just so many reasons for it – better food, supporting the local economy, the scariness that is corporate food, etc. etc. etc. But then recently we came to the realization that bills for Aladdins, the pizza shop on the corner that I don’t even know the name of, and Pnom Phen were showing up on our bank statements with the same regularity as say - our phone bill. Right. So not the point there… we wanted to expand our horizons not send the pizza guy’s kids to college. And we don’t even eat out all that much - we’re just creatures of habit.

Aaaanyways, the point is that last night in a quest to break out of our box we discovered a fantastic local Indian restaurant… Indian Garden on Detroit in Lakewood. I highly, highly recommend the Chicken/Coconut dish. I forget the name of it… but It. Was. Amazing. Yeah for discovering a new place!

8.) I have something big planned… but my computer ate my post about it (see #1). Sorry to be vague but I want to post with current pictures so yeah… soon.

9.) Tomorrow I’m going to the knitter’s fantasy… I’ve been totally out of the blog loop this week (see #1&2) so I have no idea who is going to be there. If you’re there and you see me say hi!

Whew. Have a great weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Wow! Long post! Sorry about your computer. Poor, poor doggie. I hope he has a forever home soon. (Both of my Labs are rescues.) Peeps! Eeeeewww! I would take great delight in destroying some. LOL

    Can't wait to see your hair and what comes next with your knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummo on the peeps pie and CAN'T WAIT to see the hair!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad to hear you're eating local...there are so many places to go! but i'm surprised i haven't run into you at aladdin's yet ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:22 PM

    The peep pie looks just wonderful. Although my teeth hurt just thinking about it.

    Sorry I missed you at Knitter's Fantasy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:55 PM

    Cute peeps pie! Sorry to hear about your computer - but I did have to chuckle thinking about that scene in Office Space. That is one of the funniest movies, IMO.

    Can't wait to see your new haircut!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh, how frustrating when the computer gives out. So sorry to hear it.

    I love wicked! It looks so great! Wow... I really might have to knit that sweater.

    Oh, and my boyfriend and I are like you... stay away from the chains. We spend most of our time at Pnom Phen and Johnny Mangos. although, we do like Chipotle. Hee. Have you tried El Tango in Lakewood (on Madison)?? awesome burritos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Office Space was a great movie!!!

    Can you believe my son doesn't like peeps? He'd either find melting them very disturbing or extremely funny... maybe both.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...