April 26, 2007

Good and Bad.

The Good News:

“Buddy” has a home! A nice young guy adopted him thanks to the ad my brother put up on Petfinder. Apparently “Buddy” put on quite the show nuzzling and licking the guy when he came to meet him. The guy went home to think about it and then the next day picked up his new dog! My parents sent him on his way with his bed, toy, food, etc to make the transition easier. Yeah for all good people who rescue unwanted animals!!!

The Bad News (and the reason I’ve had no current pictures lately/haven’t returned comments or read other blogs have been totally out of the blogging world):

My home computer is bricked (meaning turned into one). More accurately my hard drive is bricked – the rest of the computer is fine. So rather than admit defeat and pay the teenagers in the geek squad an exorbitant amount of money to replace it; this weekend I’m going to teach myself how to install and format a new hard drive. It can’t be that hard, right?

7 comments:

  1. Hooray for Buddy! Hooray for people who rescue dogs that need homes! :-) The kindess your parents showed by fostering Buddy will come back to them in a big way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh big time yey for Buddy!!!!

    Re-formatting a hard drive is not that bad, if you have the CDs that came with the computer. It's just boring and time-consuming! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad Buddy's got a happy ending. Those are the only dog stories I can take these days.

    And of course you can change out your hard drive... girls can do anything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah for buddy!!!

    YEA girl you can do it! Seriously if you have any prob. you can give me a call, and I'll make my hubby help you out! He's switched out/redone our computers more times than I can count!! He can help you out if you get stuck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:55 PM

    Being an old-fashioned sort, I like to look at something written out before I fiddle with my computer. If you want to do that, I'm sure there are on-line sites that have directions. Also, books intended for computer techs (those who want A+ certification) have directions and photos. They usually have something like "maintaining your PC" in the title. Many libraries will have them.

    primetimeknitter.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for Buddy! He looked like such a sweetie :)
    Boo for computer hard drives. I'm sure it can't be that hard to install an new one can it? (famous last words)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear that Buddy found a good home!

    Good luck with the hard drive - I'm sure you'll do a great job.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...