April 7, 2007

A Wicked End to Winter

(did you hear that winter? END.)

So it’s been snowing for 4 days now…. But that’s ok b/c I have a nice, new, alpaca sweater to keep me warm:
Photo Hosted at Buzznet
Pattern: Wicked from Zephyr Style
Needles: size 7 Knitpicks options and Denise Interchangeable needles
Yarn: 4.75 skeins of Berrocco Ultra Alpaca – 215 yards per skein of 50% alpaca, 50% wool.
Photo Hosted at Buzznet
Modifications: I knit a size larger than I needed but at a smaller gauge b/c my gauge swatch lied to me… also I added 11 short rows for bust shaping. In retrospect that was about 5 rows too many – I used that number when I made the green gable but that was at an even smaller gauge… bigger gauge = less short rows. Silly me. But now I know. I was able to block out the weird pouching it made, though and now the sweater fits me really well. Oh I also left off the pocket, added in waist shaping, and used the same cabled band from the top on the bottom. I also added in decreases on the sleeves (k2tog once every 4 rows).

Timeline: March 1stish – April 7. So just over 1 month. Not bad to knit an entire sweater!

And it’s nice to have sleeves that actually fit me without having to fold them over (although I really don't know why I'm all hunched over in all of these pictures... I was probably just cold):
Photo Hosted at Buzznet
The yarn is wonderful… slightly itchy but if I wear a camisole underneath it’s not a problem. After our little photo shoot outside I wasn’t wet at all thanks to the wonderfulness that is alpaca.
Photo Hosted at Buzznet
It even held up to the snowballs thrown at me because I wasn’t “frolicking” enough. I don’t frolick.

Now that this sweater is done I’m really ready for spring. Luckily it’s supposed to keep snowing through tomorrow… boo to that.

22 comments:

  1. yay - wickedly fabulous and it looks AMAZING on you!! boo on the snow and by the way...probably not getting the house i mentioned, but definitely on the hunt, so i'll keep you posted.

    again, love the sweater! can't wait for the real spring to begin : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. It fits you perfectly! That green is the perfect color on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:20 PM

    Wicked turned out great! It looks like it fits you very well, and you look very pretty in green. Yay - a sweater success!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sweater is fabulous. Green grass is right around the corner, um, sometime soon.

    We have snow but not anywhere near as much, does make for fun pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:05 PM

    The color is perfect. Congrats fabulous knitting. Bravo! Bravo! Happy Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sweater looks great. And to think how nice it was of Mother Nature to give us some snow so you could wear its alpaca loveliness. Here's to sunshine in May.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great accomplishment. It really does look wonderful on you. Very cute photo shoot,too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Sweater! I love the color. At least you got to enjoy it in it's natural habitat before the REAL spring weather starts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. FAB, FAB, FAB sweater and the color/fit on you is great. You are soooooo good!

    I will be praying that the snow eases up a bit for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That came out beautiful! Love the color you used too!! Excellent job!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! (you and the sweater)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, the weather might be cold, but that sweater is hot!
    I think it looks great, and I LOOOOOOVE the color. =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It came out so awesome. The snow does make for some really nice FO pics. But now that your pictures are complete, it's time for some warm sunshine and spring!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous4:41 PM

    Once again you amaze me with your knitting prowess and the lovely outcome. Looks good especially with all the swirling snowflakes! Unfortunately none of our snow stuck, so no snowballs. :-(

    Hope you had a fabulous Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  15. good thing you opted for the long sleeved version...it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You take wonderful pictures!!! (and the sweater is pretty awesome too!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! It's awesome! And look at all that snow, it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The perfect color green - to inspire spring to return! Yeah, that's it...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great pictures in the snow! Your sweater looks great and fits so well.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous4:18 PM

    So cute! Your pictures are great, too. How fun is all that snow.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Too Cute! What is up with this weather?!?!? I guess I didn't miss anything on vacation this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. It looks great! I'm so sorry I missed it's initial posting. It looks wonderful on you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...