October 22, 2007

Finished

They lost. They were 1 win away from being in the Fall Classic and they lost. The whole town is in a bad mood today. Matt was slamming stuff around and cursing last night and all I could say was “Welcome to being a Cleveland fan.” I think after this series we deserve to be ranked number one in both the Baseball Misery Index as well as the Football Misery Index. Perhaps someday in my lifetime we will experience what it feels like to win a championship but until then I’m going to be proud of my city and proud that we still have great fans despite what our teams put us through.

The Tribe is not the only thing that is finished around here – the whole Sox boycott has resulted in quite a few finished knits. I was going to wait and post them all together but I think this gray scarf matches the mood around town on this sad, sad Monday.

My First Handspun Scarf

Ok truth be told I’ve been done with this since July. All I had to do was tuck in the ends, wash and block it. It took me until last weekend to finally get around to doing that. The scarf was pretty tightly knit and short before blocking:
Handspun Scarf
Handspun Scarf

Plus the yarn was very scratchy. Nothing a good soak in eucalan and blocking can’t fix, though!
Handspun Scarf
Pattern: One Row Handspun Scarf by the Yarn Harlot
Yarn: My very first ever handspun. It’s a natural Romney that my grandma gave me to practice with. I blogged about spinning it here.
Needles: Size 11 Knitpicks Options
Modifications: None (really, I swear)
The Verdict: I love it. I’m so proud of my yarn and now that it’s blocked it will actually be soft/long enough to wear!
Handspun Scarf
Handspun Scarf
Handspun Scarf

10 comments:

  1. Fabulous, Fabulous scarf! My first handspun was too nasty to knit. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honey, as a Minnesota Vikings fan ('98 anyone?) I so totally feel your pain...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:33 PM

    Beautiful job on your first hand knit! I'm sorry about your team losing but hey, I'm from Seattle and that's par for the course for all of our teams!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about the Tribe! : ( I still have fresh wounds from the Tigers loss last fall.

    That scarf is perty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:22 AM

    Yeah for handspun scarves! Yours looks totally fantastic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty scarf. Did the Eucalan make it softer?

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry. Did not watch the game but heard the results the next day on the radio while still in bed. You got to see OSU win on Saturday, no it's not the same...

    Great scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous12:24 AM

    Indians had a great season, even if they lost.

    With arm extended, making circular bent motions... " WOOF" "WOOF" great scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous10:35 PM

    It's neat how much the scarf opened up once you blocked it. Very nice. I didn't get to knitting my first handspun for months and months (maybe a year?). I had to let the magic of it wear off.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We were so depressed. On the bright side, I've regained my husband.

    It all came down to psychology, really. Cleveland has the better team, but they freaked out. They saw that they could lose, whereas Boston saw that the could win, and that's what it was. *sigh*

    Nice scarf! How cool, that you made that yarn yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...