October 29, 2007

Here and There Worms Scarf

So how about another finished project while we’re all recovering from our post-Halloween weekend hangover?

Worms Scarf:
Here and There Cables Scarf
Pattern: Here and There Cables Scarf from Scarf Style by Norah Gaughan

Yarn: Mmmmmmalabrigo Merino Worsted in the colorway Geranio. I used about 2.5 skeins.

Needles: Size 9 Knitpicks Options

Modifications: I knit one less repeat than the pattern called for and used a larger needle than called for.

The Verdict: I love it. It took forever and was kindof monotonous towards the end but it’s totally, completely worth it. I can’t wait for it to get cold now that I have this squishy, soft, merino goodness to keep me warm while I wait for the bus!

Ravelry: Here it is on Ravelry

Once I was finished knitting it I decided that it needed a good, steam blocking. The cable pattern was pretty tight together and I wanted a wider scarf:

Here and There Cables Scarf
Before


Here and There Cables Scarf
During


Here and There Cables Scarf
After

I love the bright pink color! My mom says it looks like worms – hence the name - but whatever. It’ll look good with my black coat. Also? It matches my roses perfectly:
Here and There Cables Scarf
Btw it’s hard to photograph a very heavy scarf on a skinny rosebush….
Here and There Cables Scarf
Eh. You get the idea. These will probably be the last of the garden pics for the year – it’s supposed to frost overnight so this evening the plan is to rip everything out and get the yard all shut-down for winter.

Oh yeah and I’m designing a cabely hat to go with it… the sketching/swatching/charting part is done and I’m about 75% into the hat:
Here and There Cables Scarf
And I'm out of yarn. Crap. So much for the plan to not buy anymore yarn for awhile!

In other news – I’m on myspace now. I caved to peer pressure. I’m not super active but if you want to be my friend that would be awesome since I only have like 10. Here’s the link to my profile.

And a few more random shots just for the fun of it:
Here and There Cables Scarf
Here and There Cables Scarf
Here and There Cables Scarf
Have a great Monday!

15 comments:

  1. There's something about Malabrigo that just makes you want to roll in it. Looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so lovely and squishy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, beautiful scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The scarf turned out great. It will be especially festive when the weather turns cold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:46 PM

    Beautiful scarf and photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh pretty! Love the scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH that scarf came out so pretty! I remember when you started it! You never know you might find one stray skein still at Birds! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cool scarf that is - I love the "worm" pattern!! And the color is gorgeous - it will look awesome against your black coat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your scarf is gorgeous. It sounds like you'll get a lot of use out of it this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous4:22 PM

    I love that scarf, and the yarn. I've made a few others from Scarf Style, but I've tended to overlook that one. I'll have to give it another look and see what's suitable in my stash for it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous3:03 PM

    I love the worms scarf! I'm so glad it's cooling down here enuogh to wear knits!
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE your work!!! WOW! You've come a long way since the early days of the various 4s! ;-) Great to hear from ya!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous8:37 PM

    Very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Squishy! Soft! PINK! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous9:07 PM

    схемку выложите, плиз!
    Ирина

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...