October 16, 2007

Tuesday sox boycott

Back to the random lists:

1.) This cracked me up and I wanted to share:

It's Only Tuesday

It’s funny because it’s true.

2.) My garden is almost done for the year with the exception of a few hold-outs:
Cosmos
Cosmos
Cosmos are still going strong – I grew these from seed so I’m not planning on ripping them out until after it snows!
Morning Glories
Moonflowers and morning glories have taken over our Direct Tv
Homegrown Peppers
Peppers
Peppers that I made into chili last week. I could probably fill another 2 bowls like this with what’s out there right now. I can’t believe how well my pepper plants did this year!

3.) We went to a Smashing Pumpkins concert in Detroit the weekend before last:
Smashing Pumpkins Concert


And although it wasn’t technically the Fabulous Fox (that's in the ATL), the Fox Theater was still pretty fab:
Smashing Pumpkins Concert

The concert was just kindof ok. I love the Pumpkins but I'm guessing they rocked alot harder back in the day...
Smashing Pumpkins Concert
Tonight


Smashing Pumpkins Concert
Matt showing off his old school Zero shirt

4.) In knitting news....despite the fact that it is Socktober, despite the fact that I’m trying to finish what I started, and despite how very pretty and obsession-inducing this is:
Swirl Sock
Swirl socks in Cider Moon (sadness!) Glacier in Lower Whacker Drive that I started in Peru

I’m joining Affiknitty in a boycott of all sock knitting. The theory is that knitting socks while playing the Sox is bad luck. And considering that we’re only 2 wins away from being in the World Series I don’t want to take any chances…

Go Tribe!

15 comments:

  1. The Tuesday thing? Perfect for my mood. They could have quoted me in the bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those peppers look so good! I'm sad to know that we're at the end of our tomatoes. There are still green ones on the vine, but I don't think they're going to ripen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Tues thing is awesome! Perfect for my day!!

    I have a sock sitting here but yes I am a bit afraid to Knit on it while we are playing the sox, but it's the 2nd to the sock from stitch and pitch, so they won then so maybe it's good luck...I'll just let it watch the game and if it starts to cheer for the sox I'll put it away. I think it's a Tribe fan though...

    Go Tribe!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You take such fantastic pictures! And I forwarded the Tuesday story to quite a few people - loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:00 PM

    Oh see... now I won't be able to even look at my socks now. :(

    But if it means the Indians are going to make it to the world series... I'm willing to suffer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My cosmos are the last holdouts of summer too. I hope they last for a while more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was wondering how long it was going to take you to get to that last little message!!! Glad your team is kicking a** right now:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Smashing Pumkins were my *favorite* band in high school!

    GO TRIBE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, first of all I am really hating your friggen tribe right now! Boo tribe, booo!!

    ok... glad i got that off my chest :)
    How were the Pumpkins?? I saw them here in San Diego for my birthday... they totally rocked!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous6:34 AM

    You can pick up those socks again tomorrow, cuz tonight we're kickin' their a*&es to finish this series!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOOOOHHOOO! GO TRIBE! I loved being there Tuesday night! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm watching the game tonight with all digits crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing pepper haul! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful pictures, especially of the flowers. You are a great photographer!

    ReplyDelete
  15. gorgeous pics of the flowers and those peppers look tasty! hope you froze some of that delicious chili for the winter when freshness is out of the question. lucky you...maybe next year you can teach me how to grow something other than weeds lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...