July 23, 2007

Back to the spinning

Right so remember that spinning thing I was trying way back when? Yeah I finally decided to keep the Louet wheel b/c honestly I just seemed to like it better. Plus it’s portable which is always a plus. So anyways - check out what I made:
My First Handspun
That’s the brown/gray wool that my grandma gave me to practice with. It’s actually a part of a fleece that one of her friends gave her as a birthday gift - can you imagine that? Getting a whole fleece for you b-day? That would rock pretty hard. Aaanyways I spun it all and then it sat on the wheel for a month. I finally, just now, got to plying it. I’ll be the first to admit that it sucks a lot in some places but overall?

My First Handspun
It’s totally yarn.

So much so that I can even knit with it!
One Row Handspun Scarf

That would be the one row handspun scarf by the Yarn Harlot that I found thanks to the magic that is Ravelry. Even closeup once knit the yarn looks kindof ok:
One Row Handspun Scarf

Yeah for spinning!

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:00 PM

    YAY for handspun! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for handspun...did you finish up your fleeces so you can buy some of the stuff at French Creek?!?! The scarf is cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:54 PM

    It's beautiful! Fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks great! Your plying is very good. I overtwisted my ply.

    The scarf will be something to cherish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, Jeanne, good for YOU!

    Woo hoo for handspun yarn. I can't wait to see what else you come up with. . . I have a feeling that your little architectural mind will have you spinning up some beautiful stuff. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh man - i can't believe u actually spun that yourself! that is so freakin' cool, jeanne, and i love love love the scarf you are making w/ it...very cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:06 AM

    Wonderful yarn, the pattern works great with it. So cool that you have made it from the very beginning to the end.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10:19 AM

    Turned out great! Love YH pattern too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous1:14 PM

    Oh it is totally yarn! Looks fantastic and the scarf is wonderful. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...