July 27, 2007

More cowbell?

Ok so I need your opinions on something…

Remember this?
sahara
(Sorry for the sucky picture... it's very gray out right now. here's a slightly better close-up:)
sahara
That would be my Sahara that I was pretty convinced was headed for disaster. Well then I Ravelry’d it and decided that if the armholes are a little large it will just come out with more of a dropped shoulder look. I can live with that. Especially since I plan on wearing a cami under this anyways. So I kept up with the knitting and now I’m at a point where I have to make a decision.
To bling or not to bling.

I knit this swatch of the ribbing for the bottom, neckline, and armholes to check out the bling/no bling situation. I knit two repeats of the pattern w/o bling, then I slipped a bead onto the knitting at the center of each pattern for two repeats:
bling swatch

At first I thought: Needs more cowbell. I mean you can barely even see the bling! But I was pretty married to the plan of centering the beads on the diamonds… I’m picturing neat little rows of sparkle accentuating the v of the neckline. So I think rather than adding more beads I should just use different beads.

Because really when given the choice you always gotta go with the bling.

So ok then. I know how many/where I want them… but which beads should I use?

The Original Red bling:
bling swatch
I think this one may be too subtle.

Shiny Gray Bling:
bling swatch
Getting closer…

White Bling:
bling swatch
I think this might be too… white…

Black Bling:
bling swatch
Don’t know if this is shiny enough but it could work.

Or Silvery Gray Bling:
bling swatch
Also getting closer…

What do you guys think?

18 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:21 AM

    I vote for the silvery gray bling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silvery grey bling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like the shiny gray :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:45 AM

    I'm probably going to have to agree about the silvery gray bling - it's noticeable enough without smacking you in the face with bling. The shiny gray is kinda nice too - second runner up. The black is too much of a contrast, unless you're a UC cheerleader. The clear/white doesn't looked polished enough. The original red is nice, but won't be noticeable unless someone is two inches from you staring at your chest. So anyway, sorry about the long post, but that's my vote!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like silvery gray, too. I kinda like the white too, though ... maybe it would look whiter and more obvious in different light.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:52 AM

    I like the gray ones, but I also like the red on red. I think when it is worn vertically, the red would catch the light since the texture differs so markedly from the yarn.

    marjorie/primetimeknitter.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the white and the silvery grey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the silvery gray best or just the red is nice too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous2:15 PM

    This is the order I like - silver grey, red, white. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Know what would be perfect? Silver with red centers. They probably don't even make such a bead. :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the silvery grey for its subtleness and the shiny grey for its "pop".

    ReplyDelete
  12. shiny grey! shiny grey!

    ReplyDelete
  13. silvery gray all the way ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. definitely either silvery grey or the shiny grey... both look nice!! Gotta have bling!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Screw the grey I like the red. It's subtle but it's perfectly matched. I think you'll appreciate it's subtley once it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm thinking if you want more pop, go for the shiny grey, but I also like the subtleness of the red. (But I'm not known for stepping out there with a lot of bling.) Whatever you decide, it will be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think the silvery grey bling looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Red, definitely! Subtle.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...