July 24, 2007

Getting Excited

So last night I caught the last 10 min of the Peru episode of the show Anthony Bourdain, No Reservations and thanks to the magic that is you tube I can share this quote with you..

On Machu Picchu


“You may think of me as a snarky, cinical bastard always quick with a dismissive remark, a glib comment, a stupid crack, but here I don’t have a lot to say. The word beautiful really does not describe does it. It’s inadequate. To see it 360, to feel the wind, to smell it, Just the size. The mixture of being absolutely blown away by the mountains alone… just the mountains alone. Add to that one of the true wonders of the world. Add to that slight altitude wooziness, and the sort of vertigo inducing feeling of standing on the precipice. It’s – enlightening … Alright. I’m hungry. And actually I need a drink. Ok. A little ungraceful. But you try to summon up all this in a sound byte. There’s just no way."
And then later on he said this:

“I have to say … I have been to some truly breathtakingly beautiful places and by any accounts Machu Pichhu takes the crown.”
In 5 weeks and 3 days I get to go there. So. Very. Excited.

Also – his line up for next season is this:

Shanghai, New York City, Brazil, French Polynesia – Tahiti, Cleveland, Hong Kong, Argentina, South Carolina, and Tuscany.

Yup. Cleveland. Here’s the blurb:

Nestled in the Midwest and on the banks of Lake Erie, Cleveland, Ohio, was invaded and picked apart by yours truly, Anthony Bourdain. What Tony discovered in Cleveland surprised even him.

The episode premiers on August 27th. Set your DVR’s!

In other Cleveland news - congrats to Drew Carey on his new gig!

9 comments:

  1. i love anthony bourdain too! i caught the indonesia episode again last night, and now i really want to go there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you can hardly wait to go!!! Sooo exciting!

    I've seen the show a few times. I'll have to be sure to watch the episode from Cleveland that should be interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Machu Pichhu! How FABULOUS! I can't wait to read about it on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:54 PM

    You know it's going to be great if Anthony Bourdain says it is. He is brutally honest so if he says it's amazing, I'm sure it will be. How exciting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:32 PM

    Have a fantastic time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like you're going to have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. huh... who knew Cleveland was such a hub of good food??
    Boston still has the best baseball team, though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dude, Seriously?!> He's going to Cleveland (or went) - How utterly cool is THAT!!!! I love No Reservations.

    machu pichu, eh? Wench! tee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous11:13 AM

    I'm so excited for you and Matt. Childhood dreams coming true! I'm sure you won't be able to put into words either about how stunningly awesome it is, but make sure you take lots of great pics to capture what you see! These next five weeks will go by quicker than you think. Have an awesome trip!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...