August 24, 2007

Another list? Really?

K so here we go again with the long lists:

1.) This past weekend was the Feast:
The Feast
One of my fav Cleveland events by far!

2.) Thank you for all of your input way back when on the Sahara Bling! I decided to go with the silvery gray bling:
Bamboo Sahara
Bamboo Sahara
But then the whole P3tog through the back loop thing derailed me for awhile. And I was totally distracted by my new boyfriend… but I finally finished knitting the neckline and blocked it out:
Bamboo Sahara
Bamboo Sahara
All that’s left now is one sleeve and to sew the neckline together!

3.) I’ve spun an entire bobbin full of the Fire:
Spun Fire

And it’s every bit as awesome as I expected it to be.

Spun Fire
Now I really want to ply it but I should probably spin another full bobbin before I do that…. We’ll see if that actually happens or if I just dive right into the plying.

4.) On Sunday my mom and I spent many hours turning this:
Homegrown/Homemade Salsa
Homegrown/Homemade Salsa
Homegrown/Homemade Salsa
Homegrown/Homemade Salsa
Into this:
Homegrown/Homemade Salsa
And then finally into this:
Homegrown/Homemade Salsa
40 jars of homegrown/homemade salsa!
Homegrown/Homemade Salsa
Homegrown/Homemade Salsa
I was going to try to write out a recipe – sortof like the fresh garden salsa one – but there is no point to that considering we just threw in whatever was ripe (lots of roma tomatoes and jalapeno peppers this year), tasted it until it seemed right, cooked it and canned it. Man is it good!

5.) We leave for Peru one week from today. I’m starting to go a little nutty with all of the preparation…. And I’m getting more than a little terrified about this:


That would be a section through the Inca Trail – the 4 day / 28 mile trek up to Machu Picchu. It’s going to be the hardest, most challenging, most interesting thing that we’ve ever done. On the second day of hiking we reach something called “Dead Woman’s Pass”. We will hike up to 13, 828 feet (4,215 meters) – which is only 677 feet less than the highest point in the contiguous 48 states. And I’ve had problems with altitude sickness before…. And I’m thinking it’s called “Dead Woman” for a reason… I hope I can make it!

6.) I should be able to make it because I really have been training quite a bit:
Hinckley Reservation
Sat. we hiked something like 6 miles with loaded packs on… Cleveland has some really beautiful and interesting natural spots - and Hinckley Reservation is one of those places:
Hinckley Reservation
Whipps Ledges

Hinckley Reservation
Matt went rock scrambling



Hinckley Reservation
Which really concerned Dexter.

Hinckley Reservation
Graffiti from 1878!

7.) And Finally… our last race of the season is this weekend – and we’re racing the best team in the entire organization – who are basically competitive rowers and not just doing the summer bar league. So if you want to see us get our asses handed to us come down to the boathouse at 10:00 tomorrow morning!

14 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:46 PM

    Salsa looks great! Nice job on the Sahara. Looks terrific. Death Womans whattie? I would ask for extra liquor bottles on the plane... Aye Karumba!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Sahara looks fantastic.

    It sounds like you've done a lot to physically prepare for Peru. I bet you'll do great. I can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:30 PM

    I'm excited for your impending Peru trip!! It's going to be life changing I'm sure. I hope your plans aren't too affected by the aftermath of the earthquake.
    My aunt and uncle are leaving in a week too for a hike across England along the border of Scotland. They're going to be hiking for 192 miles. Sounds pretty challenging, but exciting nonetheless. It's pretty cool to set out on a new adventure - so enjoy yours!
    Congrats on the almost completed Sahara. Can't wait to see you modeling it. And can't wait to see what you create/knit with the Fire!
    Oh yeah, and good luck with your last race! Don't give up hope of winning - remember, just go fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:12 PM

    Sahara is beautiful! Have a great time on your trip. Have you looked at Lolly's pictures of her trip to Peru?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heh heh heh I'm sure you can do it! That sounds like lots of fun!!!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:20 PM

    The gray beads look great. I hope you'll do a formal modeling when it completely done.

    It was definitely a mistake to read your post as my stomach begins to ready itself for dinner. The salsa looks yummy.

    Have a great time in Peru. (Do you get to buy Peruvian yarn too?)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5:43 PM

    Your life sounds like lots of fun :-)

    The grey beads look great with the red of Sahara.

    The spinning looks so good, great color.

    Yum! Salsa, that looks so good!

    The hike looks like it will be scary but so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh! Good luck on your hike! Sahara looks great too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Killer salsa pics, mmmmm!! Your trip sounds so exciting...

    ReplyDelete
  10. sahara looks awesome, salsa look delicious (a jar of that would make a lovely housewarming gift haha j/k of course, but maybe we should have another draft party so we can come over to sample some of that stuff when you get back!) and wtg on the training...i love the pics of dexter hiking w/ you guys, but where's his pack? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. YYUUMM that salsa looks great! As does sahara and the yarn too!

    Good luck on all your preparations for next week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous10:54 AM

    Wow, Saraha looks wonderful. I really like the beads you used. And Fire is spinning up hot! Have a terrific time on your trip. Be careful on the Inca trail. Will you have time before you start out to acclimate to the altitude a bit? At least at the bottom? I have a bit of a problem at altitudes over 10,000 if I haven't had a day or two to get used to it. But it's going to be so great, I can't wait to see pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi - I thought I'd that you know that because you rock, I nominated you as a Rockin' Blogger Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous12:49 AM

    I found this website quite useful when planning my trip to Peru. Also, I highly recommend spending 2-3 days in Cuzco before embarking on the trek, if you can spare the time. Cuzco is beautiful, but more importantly, it's at a high altitude, giving you proper time to acclimate before starting the trek. I spent four days in Cuzco and had no issues with the trek, and I did nearly an identical trek to the one you have planned.

    Also, if I may be so bold, I'd also suggest you take an extra day once you get to MP. It's the one thing I regret about my trip to Peru- we were so wiped out when we arrived at the ruins that it would have been lovely to come back the next day, showered and fresh, to explore the ruins to their fullest extent.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...