August 15, 2007

Ohio City – Tremont Pubcrawl

Ok so the Ohio City Tremont Pubcrawl was seriously the best idea ever. So much fun. So many good bars. And traveling in herd while wearing the same awesome t-shirt is always a good time.

Here’s a link to the google map of places we were supposed to go: Pubcrawl Map.

And a link to the awesome t-shirts my bro and I designed: Pubcrawl Shirt.

And the flicker photo gallery of pictures from the event: Pubcrawl Pics

We started at the Garage Bar with the organizing and the passing out of the t-shirts and such:
Ohio City - Tremont Pubcrawl
Oh and we had the brilliant plan of taking a pic of my bro with the bartender at each place:
Ohio City - Tremont Pubcrawl
Then we moved on to the Old Angle:
Ohio City - Tremont Pubcrawl
Ohio City - Tremont Pubcrawl
Then it was the Bier Market:
Ohio City - Tremont Pubcrawl
Where they have the ridiculously good (and semi-dangerous) Citron Ohio:
Ohio City - Tremont Pubcrawl
Tasty.

From there it was on to Great Lakes:
Ohio City - Tremont Pubcrawl
Ohio City - Tremont Pubcrawl
Where we met a bachelor party and bought the groom shots:
Ohio City - Tremont Pubcrawl
And I ended up inadvertently double-fisted:
Ohio City - Tremont Pubcrawl
Not a good move on a pub crawl.

From there we were supposed to go to the Velvet Tango Room but sadly it was closed. So we went to the Duck Island Club instead...It's this little dive place so we literally took over the bar – and the bartender was thrilled that we were there:
Ohio City - Tremont Pubcrawl
Ohio City - Tremont Pubcrawl
Ohio City - Tremont Pubcrawl
After that we had the long walk to Tremont ending up at Southside:
Ohio City - Tremont Pubcrawl
Ohio City - Tremont Pubcrawl
After that it was on to 806. The phrase for that bar was “This shit is bananas” because they told us they couldn’t accommodate us and warned us that their martini’s were $11 each. Um…WTF? We just brought 30 some people into your bar. All of which are perfectly capable of paying for an $11 martini. And yeah your next hour is going to be crazy busy but you’re also going to make some serious cash. Whatever.

We still had fun:
Ohio City - Tremont Pubcrawl
Ohio City - Tremont Pubcrawl
Ohio City - Tremont Pubcrawl

The next bar was the Treehouse which is one of my fav bars in Cleveland because they have the very tasty and very drunk pineapple yumminess. I had one and after that the night gets super fuzzy. Which is probably why I don’t have any pictures of us at this bar.

From there it was on to Edisons:
Ohio City - Tremont Pubcrawl

And finally to the Flying Monkey:
Ohio City - Tremont Pubcrawl
Ohio City - Tremont Pubcrawl

where we ended the crawl with a little Pac Man:
Ohio City - Tremont Pubcrawl

Ohio City - Tremont Pubcrawl

and even my parents made it to the end:
Ohio City - Tremont Pubcrawl
Funtimes.
Ohio City - Tremont Pubcrawl
The last stop of the evening was at the local artwork which was our t-shirt design inspiration:
Ohio City - Tremont Pubcrawl
Yup. It’s just some random apartment building in Tremont and for some reason they have that hanging on their front door. Like a wreath. I don’t know why they did it or who lives there but it’s awesome.

So awesome that we made it into the t-shirt.

So the next morning after some recovery pancakes I realized I was missing my cell phone. Backtracking I was pretty sure I had it when I called for the cab at the end of the night so I wasn’t going to freak out until all of our out of town guests left and I could deal with it properly. Well then that afternoon I get this phone call…

“Hi, um, I found this cell phone on my front porch?”

Ohio City - Tremont Pubcrawl
Oops.

So I got to meet the very, very, nice neighbor of the local artwork. She didn’t know why it was there or what was going on with it either. And, yes, I asked. Very mysterious (but still awesome).

So anyways – the Ohio City – Tremont Pubcrawl was a total success and will most definitely become an annual event!

11 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a blast! I did consider joining you...the treehouse is one of my favorite bars as well. Next year you'll have to start a little further west at Stone Mad (another Pete Lenaghan bar) due to open at W65 and Herman in September...just a little plug for his new bar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like so much fun!! If only I lived closer . . . and was younger . . . and not diabetic. Oh well, three strikes, I'm out. But I'll look forward to seeing next year's crawl on your blog too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:30 PM

    Looks fun! Of all those places I've just been to Great Lakes. We sat outside and watched Saturday entertainment of some kind, and got a private tour of the brewery! That was before kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:48 PM

    Now, that sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The whole event looks like it was wicked fun. I'm glad you were able to find your cell phone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a super fun time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:18 PM

    Cool pics. Looks like a fab fun time. The bestest pal pic of MJ & ET cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh yes, the curative, healing powers of recovery pancakes, never to be underestimated!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks like a blast! Oh, and your brother barely looks old enough to drink. ;-) I love the part where you recover your phone at the scene of the "crime." LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. is that your dad flicking off the camera in one of the first pics? ;)

    looks like you had a great time and i wish we could have made it out!

    and i'm cracking up about the cell phone thing...so glad you found it and too funny that it was where you didn't even remember being at first lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. I’ve seen progression in every post. Your newer posts are simply wonderful compared to your posts in the past. Keep up the good work!
    awesome tees

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...