March 31, 2007

The Yarn Harlot is Hot.

Stephanie Pearl-McFee is hot.
Photo Hosted at Buzznet

My Wicked, however, is very much not:
Photo Hosted at Buzznet
I came so very, very close to being able to wear it. Unfortunately the plan to “lightly block it and let it dry while I’m in the shower” was a bad one. I tend to get a little carried away with the steam feature on my iron – something about the whooshing noise. The sweater was still sopping wet when I needed to leave. So I wore Adamas – if ever there was an event that it was appropriate to wear a fabulous hand knit shawl let me tell you this was it.

Stephanie rocked. The Bohus rocked. Her speech rocked. All of the knitters who showed up rocked. Pretty much the whole thing rocked. She even held my sock for a sock picture!
Photo Hosted at Buzznet
I feel so special!

Although I’m more than a little embarrassed that Stephanie actually read my blog (seriously, the Yarn Harlot read my blog!) and the last thing I posted wasn’t some fantabulous knitting thing but pictures of my drunken friends… oops.

I also got to hang out with some other wonderful knitters – Laura, Michelle, Linda, and Annie (both blogless), and a really nice lady in a fantastic green flower basket shawl who’s name I have sadly forgotten, and many others that I got to talk to but didn’t catch the names of. Unfortunately somehow I missed Andi and Karen. And you should have seen the handknits! Cleveland was representing bigtime.

Updated to add: I also somehow missed Anne Hanson (whose blog I read, who I have emailed several times, who makes me want to learn how to spin, who was literally 2 people in front of me in line, and whose hand spun sock I admired and somehow I still didn't recognize her.... doh!) and Debbie (Who has some pictures of gorgeous hand-dyed fiber on her blog. Seriously I have got to learn how to spin.) Sorry, guys!

And I can’t even begin to tell you how cool it was to be a part of a crowd of knitters… See, usually when I’m in a crowd knitting it’s because I’m waiting for the bus and I am very obviously the only one. Not that it’s ever stopped me, but still. Here it would have been completely odd not to be knitting. It was a great, great feeling.

Thanks for a wonderful and inspiring day, Stephanie.

11 comments:

  1. Awesome!!! I can't wait until tomorrow in Ann Arbor.

    Wicked looks great, by the way. Sorry it wasn't dry in time to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I had to log on this morning to see if you had blogged about this yet...I'm so bummed that I missed out!! Not only did I miss the harlot, but I missed meeting other fab knitters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:16 AM

    It really was SO MUCH FUN, empowering and funny! The shawl is beautiful and, yes, this was the perfect place to wear it! Great to meet you and your mom and to able to spend some time together. see you at the end of April!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was so much fun yeasterday! Stephanie was great...I better get my butt over to my blog to post too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course she reads your blog, it rocks! (Sounds like it was awesome. I'm 'wicked' with jealousy. hahahahaha, get it? Hahahaha.)
    Ahem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK, I am so envious. No fair!
    And she read your blog? Holy Crap! I think I would have died right there on the spot! =)
    I hope I get ot meet her some time.
    BTW I can't wait to see the Wicked on you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry we did not get to meet up. I was so freaked out about the trip north with both kids that I did not check my email. I was just so thrilled to be there at all.

    It's awesome that Stephanie read your blog.

    It was fun to get to knit with so many other knitters. I don't get to do that very often.

    The Yarn Harlot is indeed Hot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I found out the Yarn Harlot read your blog, I had to come visit! She should get a referral bonus.

    Thanks for the great pictures of her Bohus sweater - and your adorable dog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous1:54 PM

    Wish I would have introduced myself. I kinda guessed that was you when I heard you talking to a couple of people while waiting in line for the book signing.

    Perhaps we'll meet another time. BTW, I linked to your site from mine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous1:56 PM

    One more thing... Your shawl is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. bummer that Wicked wasn't dry in time! it sounds like it was a blast at the reading.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...