March 18, 2007

Hope you had a Wicked St. Pat's!

First of all:

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!

Secondly, Wicked is a seriously fun(and very green) thing to knit:
Photo Hosted at Buzznet
I’m to the point where I have to make a decision about the pocket and so far everything is going well. I didn’t think I liked the pocket but after trying it on I can see where it would be pretty cute:
Photo Hosted at Buzznet

(sorry for the crappy bedroom mirror shots. My photographer was out playing basketball)

Photo Hosted at Buzznet
I also had originally planned on knitting ¾ length sleeves to make a 3-season sweater. May as well get as much use out of the handknits as possible, right? Yeah. That was before I learned that Alpaca is WARM. Really warm. This is defiantly just going to be a winter sweater – which means that full length sleeves will probably be more appropriate. I’m not sure if I’ll have enough yarn to do both the sleeves and the pocket, though, so I’m going to knit the sleeves and then decide….
Photo Hosted at Buzznet
Oh and I’m adding decreases to the sleeves – I’m decreasing 1 stitch every 4 rows to (hopefully) end up with a total of 40 stitches at the end of the sleeve. From there I’m going to end with the same twist pattern that is on the yolk. That’s my plan anyways – we’ll have to see how it all works out!

11 comments:

  1. Pretty! You've been knitting up a storm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! Love it!!! I started mine but I haven't seperated off the sleeves yet...

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute so far! Its a great color ;) I haven't been a fan of the pocket, personally. I dont think it would work for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sleeves you plan sound cute. It looks really good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:57 PM

    Too cute!
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:13 AM

    Wicked looks totally cute already - fantastic colour too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:36 AM

    The Wicked looks really terrific!
    A couple of girls from my knitting group are planning on going to the Yarn Harlot. We'd love a meet up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous5:25 PM

    Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks GREAT - I really like the color on you. Seemed like you made really quick progress on it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I say long sleeves and no pocket. Your sweater is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. yay - wicked looks great, girlie! hey, i'm leaving for cali on thurs, but we need to get together when i get back in april...i'm in major need of a knit night!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...