March 31, 2007

So that sucked a lot.

Yup. That’s about all I got on the whole wisdom teeth thing.

Thanks so much everyone for all of your nice comments and encouragement! It was pretty cool to return to the world of the living and have so many nice thoughts to come back to… Knit-bloggers ROCK.

So while I was down and out I knit a lot. A whole lot. It was about the only activity other than watching Law and Order, sleeping, or eating frostees that I was capable of. I had planned on spending last weekend reading but holding all of those words in my head was just too much – and Suduku was a total bust. So yeah… knitting was pretty much my only source of amusement.
I tried to finish up the Wicked - but that didn’t work out so well. My increases for waist shaping were all nice and even – until I tried knitting on Codeine. Right. Apparantly remembering to turn my little row counter was too much for me to handle. Whatever, it’s wool, it’ll block out fine….I hope. I was at least of sound enough mind to quit while I was ahead in favor of something much simpler:
Photo Hosted at Buzznet
Yeah for charity hats! Always necessary, simple enough to work on while on narcotics, and fast enough to finish in a weekend.

This one is the kitty hat in the first Stitch ‘n Bitch book knit out less than one skein of wool-ease with absolutely no modifications (other than leaving off the ears):
Photo Hosted at Buzznet
I even got to make my very first pom-pom’s!
Photo Hosted at Buzznet
Which was super, super amusing at the time.

And this one is the Flame hat – also from the Stitch ‘n Bitch book – knit out of less than one skein of Patons Classic Merino held doubled. I changed it to be knit in the round, and I added in the twisty cable pattern from wicked:
Photo Hosted at Buzznet
I like it.

I think the best part of this whole wisdom teeth thing (other than the excuse to count ice-cream as a meal) is that I went to sleep and when I woke up it was finally spring.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...