March 23, 2007

Rational

So, I’m just killing time right now waiting for my "responsible adult" to get here (my mom b/c she doesn’t have to work on Fridays and my husband does)…

because in less than an hour I am going to have my wisdom teeth taken out.

Upon learning this, and watching a horrific video on potential complications and typical procedures I did what any rational person would do.

I bought this:
Photo Hosted at Buzznet
I’ve been wanting this yarn for a long time, and I know exactly what I’m going to knit with it, and the yarn store was on my way home. So really, how could I resist?

And I just love this color and texture:
Photo Hosted at Buzznet
Love. It. It’s going to become the Shetland triangle shawl from Wrap Style. I have been wanting to knit this since November when I took that book out of the library…but I have had no rational reason to unlike the other shawls I’ve knit - Adamas was to wear to a wedding, Cherry Blossom was for my grandma. And lace requires too much time to just be random.

So now I have my reason: I may have an awful weekend ahead of me but after that I get to knit something beautiful. With pretty yarn! Silky wool yarn! I’ll figure out what to do with the finished shawl once I actually finish it…
Photo Hosted at Buzznet
Does this mean I’ve crossed the threshold from a product to a process knitter? Hmmm…

The big bummer of this whole wisdom teeth thing is that I have to miss our rowing organizational happy hour tonight… Booo! I’m going to guess that I’ll be pretty narced up and out of it and that going out will be completely impossible... but I so wish I could go. Our team is looking to return strong this year – with some new additions that should make our boat go even faster. It’s going to be a great season! If anyone out there is looking for something really fun to do in Cleveland over the summer I highly, highly recommend rowing – you can get lots more info on it here.

Ack – my mom is here! Sorry if this was a little all over the place - I didn't get to proofread it…

Wish me luck!!!

17 comments:

  1. Good luck with your surgery! I'm sure everything will be great.

    So what yarn store do you go to? I'm still experimenting with different stores, to find out which is best.

    I really like Wicked, too... thinking about making it for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yikes - good luck! i know i need my wisdom teeth out too, but i'm scared - so you're pretty brave in my book! :) i'm sure you'll be just fine, and i hear they give you great drugs after.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You poor dear. You more than deserved that yarn. I hope all goes well, it's over quickly, and recover is better than anyone could have hoped.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your teeth! Yarn sounded like just what you needed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hope all goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll be thinking of you. When I had mine pulled, (all 4 at once) it wasn't so bad. And yarn makes everything better. Just be sure to rest the first day or so. And take the pain meds to stay ahead of the pain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OHH good luck with the surgery! I hope all goes well. I didn't have to bad of a time with mine.

    Enjoy your yarn, I hope you get to get some knitting done!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope all goes well. Good stategy to have a new project on hand to take you mind off of it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. As the third Karen to post in this comment thread I offer you a speedy recovery. I had all four dug out back in undergrad. Take it easy this weekend and enjoy the yummy yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  10. By now you should be out of surgery and recuperating. I hope that you have a wonderful weekend enjoying your knitting. You absolutely NEEDED to get that as you will need something to keep you busy. You probably won't be up for too much more than knitting. Just be careful of knitting after your pain medicines. . . . your results may be a bit "off" - tee hee.

    As any good nurse knows . . . . drugs are our friends!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous6:09 AM

    I hope everything went well with your surgery. They seem to be much better with it these days, as I just had my top ones extracted last year and it went much more smoothly than the back ones about 12 years ago. Drugs are good...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous7:56 PM

    GL with the surgery. I had mine done some time ago.. and after it was done it was like I got hit by a truck. So drugs are good, rest is better. Way cool wool. LOVE the color.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck! I hope it's not too painful :)
    And lovely yarn. I want to knit that shawl too, Just have a few things I have to finish first (and I can't choose a yarn! Argh!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey girl,
    Hope that you are having a speedy recovery and thinking to yourself "It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be." It's always nice when that happens.
    I am so jealous of the yarn. That Silky wool is popping up everywhere in blogland lately. I must have some.( darn that yarn diet! grrrr.)
    Take care of yourself. And if your teeth are still hurting..get yourself some Slow Churned Yellow Cake with Frosting and Sprinkles Ice Cream. It will take care of any malady you may have!
    (trust me..I know ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  15. Don't worry, it'll go fine. Of course they have to tell you about the risks, because they're doctors and they live to avoid malpractice suits, but you'll be fine.

    The surgery itself is pretty easy, especially if you're under the whole time (I was), but the anesthesia can make you pretty unhappy for several days. But then you get to knit! And unlike other dental procedures, you never have to do this one ever again!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good luck with the wisdom teeth extraction. I had mine out when I was about 38 (after procrastinating for about 15 years), and it wasn't bad--I got to eat ice cream for about four days after. One reason I took so long about it was that my bottom teeth were near the nerve--but I never had any of the problems they describe. I had more discomfort from the antibiotic than the surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good luck with the wisdom teeth. Eat lots of ice cream!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...