March 14, 2007

Secret Pal 10

Hi SP10! Welcome to my blog! There’s also two old questioneirs you can look at if you want:
SP7 & SP8.

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Um… I dunno… I’m very sensitive to wool (the horror!) but I’ll knit with it anyways – I just can’t wear it close to the skin… but basically I love knitting with anything soft and I absolutely do not like anything even remotely scratchy.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
A drawer and the storage that comes with the Denise Kit and with the Knitpicks Options needles.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I learned to knit years ago but didn’t pick it up in force until college when I made a bunch of semi-hideous acrylic scarves for my roommates. But I have only been knitting seriously (meaning obsessively) for 2 and a half years – so I’m probably an advanced intermediate. I’ve made a few sweaters, knit some pretty advanced lace, and got really into socks for a while but I have yet to do any really complicated colorwork or design anything complicated myself.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Nope.

5. What's your favorite scent?
I’m pretty picky about scents as I get migraines and strong, perfumy smells are something that can give me an instant headache… so anything mild. Vanilla is usually good.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Yes. Love me some chocolate.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
Create things out of beads, paint and decorate my house, and I’ll pretty much try anything once. I also really enjoy dying yarn –I’ve tried the jacquard dyes and knitpicks yarns with really fun results! As far as spinning goes - My grandma has just begun to teach me so sortof not really.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Honestly I’m not that into music. I guess I just don’t know where to start as far as what to listen to. I borrow a lot of cd’s and MP3’s from people at work and I pretty much like anything…. And am willing to be educated!

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I tend to like reds and pinks a lot. I always seem to be really attracted to those colors… I’m not really a blue person so much because I don’t look that good in blue… Actually I think it’s more that I like warm colors more than cool colors. But lately I’ve been trying to break out of my red/pink box so really, I’m open to anything!

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I live with my husband and the cutest dog ever.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes, yes, yes, NO.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Hmmm… I’ll try just about anything once. I like quick project and I almost always lately have had a pair of socks going to knit on the bus… but now that it’s getting warmer I’ll probably get back into lace.

13. What are you knitting right now?
A malabrigio scarf, a Durrow sweater for my husband, and a Wicked sweater for me.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
YES. Of course!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I like my knitpicks set the best. Also - I have a few pairs of addi’s that I’ve used for lace that are AWESOME but I definitely prefer bamboo for sock knitting b/c metal double points are too slippery for me.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
My mom and I share a winder and swift that we borrowed from my grandma.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Honestly I’m not too bad with the UFO’s. Things may take me a loooong time because I get distracted but eventually they will get done.

18. What is your favorite holiday?
Fourth of July! The past few years we’ve thrown a huge party that weekend and all of our out of town friends come. So much fun.

19. Is there anything that you collect?
Beads. And Yarn of course!

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Um… I dunno… I like learning about things knitting wise – so any books of stitches or techniques or any of that would be good. I don’t really own very many knitting books other than the two Stitch ‘n Bitch books. I’m not sure about specific patterns. And I’m always up for trying new things as far as yarn goes… I subscribe to Interweave Knits.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
2 handed colorwork has been on my list for awhile. But now that it’s becoming summer again that may have to wait until fall… And I have a feeling that the second my grandma gets back from Florida I’m gong to learn a whole lot about spinning.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes. I wear a size 6.5.

23. When is your birthday?
April 17, 1980.


Ok – hopefully tonight I’ll finally have some time to download my Florida pictures!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...