January 9, 2006

Secret Pal Seven Questionnaire

Ok… Here’s my answers to the Secret Pal Seven Questionnaire!

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand?
Um… I’m trying not to be but more and more I think I’m turning into one. It’s just that if I’m going to spend so much time on something I want it to be as nice as possible – and usually that means using nice yarn. Although my idea of really, really nice yarn is Knitpicks… So I guess you could say I have champagne tastes on a beer budget.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I tried Crochet for Crochet Crazy May with my SnB… and made a whole bunch of pink and purple acrylic granny squares. I haven’t touched it since…. I sortof know how to spin and even own a drop spindle but it’s not something that I’m very into right now. So I guess the answer is no to both.

3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
A drawer and the storage that comes with the Denise Kit.

4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I learned to knit years ago but didn’t pick it up in force until college when I made a bunch of semi-hideous acrylic scarves for my roommates. But I really have only been knitting seriously for about a year and a half – so I’m probably an intermediate. I’ve made a sweater and learned cabling but I have yet to lace knit or do socks.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Nope.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I’m pretty picky about scents as I get migraines and strong, perfumy smells are something that can give me an instant headache… so anything mild. Vanilla is usually good.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Yes. Love me some chocolate.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
Create things out of beads, paint and decorate my house, sew (I'm just starting to learn), and I’ll pretty much try anything once.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Honestly I’m not that into music. I guess I just don’t know where to start as far as what to listen to. I borrow a lot of cd’s and MP3’s from people at work and I pretty much like anything…. And am willing to be educated!

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I tend to like reds and pinks a lot. I always seem to be really attracted to those colors… I’m not really a blue person so much because I don’t look that good in blue… Actually I think it’s more that I like warm colors more than cool colors.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have a husband and the cutest dog ever.

12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes, Yes, Yes, Not really.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
I really like lamb’s pride to knit and felt with. It turns out so nice! Although I’m very sensitive to wool so I wouldn’t be able to wear it (without wearing something under it).. but it is so nice to knit with! I also like Andean silk – I’ve only made one thing with it so far but it’s so soft! I also seem to hoard ribbon yarn... I've made the ribbon x-back and about a billion scarf/belts.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Anything scratchy…. I like my knitting to be as soft as possible.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Not sure. I’m making a second pair of armwarmers but that’s not really an obsession. I’m an ADD knitter- I’ll try anything once and then get bored of it and move on. Although I am really, really digging cables at the moment.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I’m a big fan of quick knits… although I did enjoy knitting the sweater… but on the whole… anything that I can crank out in a week or less.

17. What are you knitting right now?
A pair of armwarmers in some stash wool-ease for my husband’s aunt, and a beaded bag from a kit that I got for Christmas.

18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Always!

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Circular

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I use the Denise Kit for everything although I love the bamboo double points that I have…actually I really like the feel of bamboo in general… and I’m dying to try the addi-turbos that everyone has been raving online about.

21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
No but my mom and grandma both do!

22. How did you learn to knit?
My great-grandmother taught me how to knit, my grandmother taught me how to purl, and my mom refreshed my memory later on.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?
About a year and a half…. It’s a wool-ease scarf that will probably never be finished (If I'm going to spend my time knitting a scarf on size 8 needles it's going to be out of something nicer than wool-ease!).

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
Um… don’t know about animated character but my favorite animal hands down is my Rat Terrier, Dexter.

25. What is your favorite holiday?
Halloween and New Years although I always seem to have the most fun on the Fourth of July.

26. Is there anything that you collect?
Beads.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
None.

28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?
I’m dying to try Cashmerino Aran by Debbie Bliss I think? It’s called for in several of the patterns I’m checking out so it must be good… I’ve been stalking the Ribby Cardi and Hourglass Sweater knit alongs for awhile now…but I don't have either pattern. I think I want to make the Hourglass as I just finished a cardigan…

29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I’d like to learn how to knit a raglan sweater in the round (the one I’ve made has set-in sleeves and was all knit straight… seaming it sucked hard) I also want to try lace knitting… perhaps in the spring.

30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Not a sock knitter… how do I measure my feet? Around, length? Need some help…

31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
April 17

2 comments:

  1. i'm so excited about sp7!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting this... and red wine gets me every time! ;) Erin (Your SP7 hostess)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...