January 3, 2006

2005 in review

I'm editing this to finish the rest of the questions.... but I was too lazy to add anymore pics.

Ok I’ve seen recaps of the year on several blogs so I thought I’d do one myself…. I’m just gonna throw in some random pics from the year to try out my new picture posting technique of using the html code from buzznet.

What did you do in 2005 that you'd never done before?
Bought a house
Had shingles
Owned a dog
Spent an entire year outside of school working a normal job
Spent an entire year married
Rowed on a crew
Blogged
Knit an entire garment – not counting scarves and hats.

Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I always resolve that this will be the year that I quit chewing my nails for good. I always fail.

Did anyone close to you give birth? No

Did anyone close to you die? My great grandmother

What countries did you visit? None but I did get to go to Vegas.

What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005? Vacation time!

What dates from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
August 17 – day we made the offer on the house
Sept. 12 – got the keys to our house
Oct. 9 – 1 year wedding anniversary (although I guess that’s a date from 2004)

What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Buying a house
And to a lesser degree throwing not one but 2 kick-ass parties for our friends. Sooo looking forward to this year’s bashes!

What was your biggest failure?
Being too lazy about keeping in touch with my friends.

Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yes, I had shingles. It was awful. I still get pains from it when I’m stressed or dehydrated.

What was the best thing you bought?
Our house and our wedding pictures

Whose behavior merited celebration?
My husband – I can’t believe how together he was through the whole house-buying process considering how much he hates both paperwork and anything involving finances.
My mother – for everything she did for my great-grandmother.
Rebecca – she went to New Orleans to build habitat homes.

Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The usual.

Where did most of your money go?
Um… the house… I’m seeing a trend here.

What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Adding a rat-terrier named Dexter to our family…. And the house

What song will always remind you of 2005?
Anything by Muse

Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier? yes
b) thinner or fatter? same weight but less in shape (although after the holidays..ugh)
c) richer or poorer? poorer but with more equity

What do you wish you'd done more of?
Travel to see friends – but I always wish that.

What do you wish you'd done less of?
Play videogames or watch my husband play videogames

Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
LB. Hands down. Thank god we both have Cingular and therefore the minutes don't count against me!

Did you fall in love in 2005?
Kept falling in love actually….

How many one-night stands?
Dude I’m married.

What was your favorite TV program?
Lost and Arrested Development. Oh and Family Guy.

Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Noone comes to mind….

What was the best book you read?
The Time Traveler’s Wife – by Audrey Niffenegger - great unconventional love story.

What was your greatest musical discovery?
Streaming BBC radio.

What did you want & get?
A dog. and a pasta machine. and of course the house.

What did you want & not get?
Peru.

What was your favorite film of this year?
Well… we don’t really go to the movies all that often… the only ones I saw from 2005 are Star Wars and Kong… neither of which is really a favorite of mine. I just went because my husband wanted to go.

What did you do on your birthday, & how old were you?
I turned 25 this year and we spent it in the ‘nati at Tke. Great sushi restaurant. Although I think Sushi Rock has better Sushi, I like Tke’s atmosphere better - much more lowkey.

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not getting shingles.

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005?
I can’t afford new clothes I’m saving for/just bought a house!

What kept you sane?
My husband, my family, my dog, my knitting and knowing that other people are in the same boat I am.

What political issue stirred you the most?
Civil Unions. How is limiting someone elses's civil rights going to defend marriage? Makes no sense.

Who did you miss?
My friends.

What was a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005:
Don’t try to waterski while drunk.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...