January 24, 2006

Superbowl!!!

So here it is… them moment you’ve been waiting for…. A picture of Dexter in his Steelers Dog Sweater!
Photo Hosted at Buzznet.com

I finished it like 5 min. after kickoff. And since I had extra yarn leftover and needed something mindless to knit during the game I also made this….

Photo Hosted at Buzznet.com

It looks like just a nice, merino wool, Steelers hat…. But it’s actually the funniest thing I’ve ever knit before. Check out Exhibit A:

Photo Hosted at Buzznet.com

Oooooh yeah. They have matching outfits!!!!! Which I just think is hil-ar-ious but could possibly be a sign that I’ve taken the knitting too far and need to put the needles down and back away slowly. Check out Exhibit B:

Photo Hosted at Buzznet.com

Not sure who looks more annoyed in those pictures… the dog or my husband… hmmm. Although I know he likes the hat since he wore it to work today….. and he’s positively crazy about football right now. I had no idea how much football coverage there is on TV. Did you know there is an entire NFL network? Yeah I didn’t either… and Matt has taken to recording things about the Steelers for me to watch later. No seriously – he wants me to watch hours of coverage on games that were played before I was born – and records it for me. Right now I’m finding the obsession kind of cute –I mean when else do you get to be that into it but when your team is in the championship? But by Superbowl Sunday I think I’ll have had enough football talk for a loooong looooong looooong time.

so yeah here’s some more cute pictures of my dog. I think I’m going to post one in the comments of Big Ben’s blog. Yup…Ben Roethlisburger has his own blog… and he likes to read the comments from fans – and he posts about his dog a lot – so I think he’d get a kick out of this. Which picture should I send him?
Photo Hosted at Buzznet.com Photo Hosted at Buzznet.com

5 comments:

  1. Post the one on the left - it shows off the sweater better. The rug is too distracting. Sweet match set!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree w/ jerry & maxy...that pic is so darn cute and u can see the sweater so well against the hardwood floor!
    ur crazy, jeanne - craaaazy knitter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote for the one of the two of them in the chair, you get the hat, sweater and the sweatshirt and it is taken during game time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would you be kind enough to share the yarn you used with the color name/numbers and the pattern for the hat? Hubster is a die-hard Steelers man and has asked that I knit him a Steelers ensemble. I am horrible at picking out the colors that match team colors exactly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cute! Thanks for pointing me to the finished sweater.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...