January 10, 2006

Grandma & Andy Slippers

Slowly but surely I'm making it through all of my knit Christmas Gifts. Here's another one to brighten up your Tuesday... Oh yeah and I won't be at SnB tonight. I have to go to a kickboxing class as penance for missing spinning yesterday. I was SHAMED by Jill so I'm kickboxing instead of knitting.... anyways... here's the slippers that I knit for my brother and my grandmother:

Pattern: Striped Slipper Socks in Knit One, Felt Too (Large for Andy, Small for Grandma)
Modifications: I added rows after turning the heel on Jessica and Jill’s suggestion – apparantly the slippers turn out rather small once felted. Also (obviously) I didn’t do the striping.
Yarn: Both used random gray wool from grandma (nothing like knitting a gift for someone out of their own yarn!), the black in Andy’s is Cascade 220 and the Pink on grandma’s is Patons Classic Merino That's Pink.
What I would Change: Nothing – adding a few rows to the length worked really well. I think I need a pair (perhaps in noro? they'd be adorable in noro)!!!






2 comments:

  1. i've been looking for a spinning class...where do you go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love me a pair of felted slippers!
    and wtg on the kickboxing...bring on that hose, baby! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...