May 30, 2006

Memorial Day and my first sock.

I’m exhausted. Every muscle in my body is sore. And I’m rocking a sweet farmer’s tan including a very sexy tanline from my work gloves. But I have a patio. Oh yeah. We finished the patio! Lots lots more pictures and a description and all that will follow…

In knitting news Kristin finished her Adamas!!!! It is so awesome. Go see it – it’s amazing. I love the bright pink…She dyed it herself!!! and her trick of threading the wire through the points is pure genius. If I ever make another lace shawl that’s how I’ll block it.

Unfortunately I did not knit at all over the weekend (I have a patio!!!) but last week I started my very first sock...It’s out of knitpicks sock memories in one of the discontinued colors on size 3 needles. The pattern I’m using is from the book from my Secret Pal 8 (who rocks!). I turned the heel Thursday which wasn't nearly as complicated as I thought it would be. So far I’m liking that it’s sooo portable and the yarn is super-fun…and I’ve knit almost all of it on the bus! But my picked up stitches look a litle wonky… I’ll have to work on that.

9 comments:

  1. Which pattern did you use for it out of the book. I was looking through that book last night and nothing really screamed "make me!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sock! That is a cool colorway. Self striping makes a sock go so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for the patio! I'm quite jealous.

    Remember that your foot will be in your shoe. No one will see the wonky picked up stitches. In fact, (shhhhh! don't tell!) wherever it says to SSK, I k2tog because I do that one better - but hey - no one will see.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the sock and can't wait to see that patio!! more so, i can't wait to chill out on that patio w/ u!! wtg on finishing it and can't wait to see the socks when they are done, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the stripey socks! Cute, cute, cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:53 AM

    your sock is so cute!!! I have some of that self striping sock yarn in blues that grandma gave me (yes she will buy me yarn that is not from her freezer!) but I have been afraid to try it.....you will give me courage....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:47 PM

    Ooh... cant wait to see the patio! That is an impressive project for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous12:02 AM

    oh, and thanks for the pattern and yarn!! what a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous11:21 AM

    See, it's so much easier than people make it out to be. ;) By the way, the KP merino sock yarn is SO COMFY to wear! Just make sure to handwash, otherwise you will end up with baby-sized socks. (Ask me how I know. *sob*)

    your pal!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...