May 22, 2006

Adamas hits the road

What we did Friday:

What I did Saturday:

What Matt (and the boys) did Saturday:


Weddings are super-fun when you don’t really know anyone, there are lots of young people there, and there’s an open bar. We made lots of new friends.

And according to the guys drinking beer, grilling out, and playing with tools outside while the wife is out of town is fun, too.

Rebecca and I needed to do some serious recovering on Sunday – and the best cure for a hangover? Clearly yarn and Chipotle. We went out to the knitter’s mercantile on KDK's recommendation. It was a fun store – lots of yarn to play with. I ended up buying 4 skeins of Cotton Fleece and the new Interweave Knits magazine which was all about lace. I love the Icarus shawl pattern in there…. The Cotton is for Green Gable which I just started last night… So far it’s going well…. And the blue/green color although not a color I would usually use definitely gets me out of my pinks and reds box – and it counts for both May and June project spectrum. And I’m finally trying a top down raglan! I’ve been meaning to try that for awhile….

It was a fun weekend.

5 comments:

  1. Hellooooo, are you holding out on me? What and WHERE is the knitter's mercantile???? Hummmm?


    BTW, Adamas was PERFECT with that dress. Had you planned on it that way or did you find a dress you could wear adamas with?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty color for Green Gable. I get stuck in using the same colors over and over, too. Just drawn to certain ones usually the ones that go with my eyes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. woohoo - check out the hottie in the adamas shawl!! it looks fab w/ the dress, girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you just *love* Cotton Fleece? So soft and squishy -- and it's a dream to work with. I'm thinking I may have a CF sweater in my future... Glad you had fun at the Merc! I can't tell you how often I just walk through there...over and over and over. Yarn makes me happy. :)

    The shawl looks fabulous -- and done just in time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fun weekend. The shawl is fab.

    Knitter's Mercantile is 'THE' LYS in Columbus. When Linda closed Wolfe Fiber Arts a while back there was a void that Knitter's Mercantile quickly filled. Gald to hear you had a nice visit.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...