May 16, 2006

It's Finished!!!!

I finished knitting the Adamas Shawl!!!

It looks like a mess! Of course this is because it’s not blocked. I understand that… and I'm planning on blocking it tonight... I bought a blocking board from Jo Anne’s (it was only $15 and I had a 40% off coupon! Score!) and I’m going to try to buy some wires tonight from Catans… any metal wires will do, right? Is there anything special I need to know for blocking something this big or for blocking lace?

Also I finally finished and wove in the ends and everything on the big purple bag. The pattern is basically the Sentimental Stripes Tote pattern from KDK’s blog. It’s a good pattern it just took me forever because I kept getting distracted. The yarn is patons merino and random stripes of my grandma’s hand dyed wool. I hope it felts ok!


And thanks for all of the nice comments on the salsa garden!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing your Adamas! Can't wait to see it blocked! I'm right behind ya...

    Love the bag, btw. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I covet your blocking board. :) And wires come to think of it. Not that I need them - I'm so stalled on lace right now I shouldn't even think about blocking products. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent!!! Happy blocking. Lace blocking is pure magic.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...