May 18, 2006

I'm going to knit socks - Thanks SP!

I was going to wait to post about this until I finished up all of the Adamas posts … but last night was my first rowing practice for the year… which turned into a trip to Hooples with the team to watch the rest of the Cavs game (GO CAVS!!!!!) which turned into a late night out celebrating their win… So I haven’t unpinned Adamas yet…. but...

I have an awesome secret pal 8. Seriously – they rule… the exchange just started and already I have my very first package! How great is that! Here’s what they sent me:

It contains 4 skeins of Elann’s Peruvian Baby Silk which is about the softest thing I’ve ever felt in about the prettiest color and is destined to probably become some sort of lace…. And a book on how to knit socks complete with 2 skeins of Lorna’s Shepard’s Socks to make them with. The shepard’s socks is beautiful… great coloring and so very soft…. But I’m a little freaked out b/c I’ve never knit socks before and this is really, really nice yarn.

So ok. I’m going to do it. I’m going to knit socks. Any advice?

3 comments:

  1. I have that book! I've never used it though.

    Such pretty yarn you got. I got something from my SP today too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:30 AM

    Hi from Austria! Wow, such a great package you received - that book seems to come in really handy with all that gorgeous yarn you received! Just go for it, I'm sure you'll find plenty of inspiration in it! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just recently finished my first pair of socks and I couldn't have done it without the book...Simple Socks by Priscella Gibson. I tried to do a heel flap but just didn't get the hang of it and this book spells out exactly how to do a short row heel and even gives instructions on the toe and closing the toe. I LOVE this book!
    Good Luck on your socks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...