March 22, 2006

Indecision 2006

Ok first off – the random thin mints box was put there because "It seemed like a good idea at the time. Plus I wanted to see how long it would take you to notice it." I’m glad that amused everyone so much!

You can see from that photo, actually, what we’re working with as far as paint colors go. The people who used to live in our house were in med school and it’s apparent in their color choices. Very sterile and well… institutional. The green in our kitchen (in the thin mints photo) has been dubbed "puke mint" and our livingroom/diningroom is "grade school blue". Both of which are extremely depressing. And most of the rest of the house is just a shoddy, one coat of beige over everything – walls, ceiling, trim – everything. Luckily we were able to paint over the dark blue sponge paint fiasco before we moved in.

So right now we’re on a mission to eradicate the "grade school blue" and finish up repainting all of the beige areas…. Last night we put some test colors on the wall, which of course made us completely rethink everything. Ugh. We’re going to buy a couple more test cans tonight and see where that leaves us….I do love the test colors, though… for $5 you can really, really be sure of what the paint will look like on the wall in the right lighting, in a much bigger swatch than a 2" paint chip. And I suppose it’s much better to spend the time and money on it now and end up with a room that we both love – like our bedroom – than rush it and hate it.

So I’m facing Indecision 2006.

But we’re a both little OCD like that.

Here’s pics of the living room and dining room before we moved in….and yes it’s really that color in person.
Photo Hosted at Buzznet.com
Photo Hosted at Buzznet.com

And if you’re really into this redecorating thing there are more before photos on the photoblog and a whole bunch of after shots of things we’ve already re-done on this post.

1 comment:

  1. Can I just say that I love your house. My husband and I are house shopping right now. I would really like to skip the stress and go straight to the decorating part. And man would I like to be an underwriter...all that power! (which I think they really like to lord over innocent people)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...