August 25, 2006

Knitting Mojo.

So right. I swatched for the Ballet Camisole last night and got gauge on size 5 needles…. Well my size 5’s are currently being used by the Cherry Blossom Shawl. Ok I guess maybe that’s a sign I should actually finish something before starting yet another big project.

So tonight we're at home chilling - we have our last race early tomorrow morning and we're in contention for a gold (seriously). So I picked up the Cherry Blossom Shawl for an evening of knitting...and well....

It doesn’t look right… It doesn’t look like the picture at all….
Photo Hosted at Buzznet
Because it’s wrong. Very wrong. On the third chart on row 7 there is a teeeny, tiny little asterix....Which I completely missed (You think with something this important they’d at least highlight it or something). I was supposed to move the stitch marker one frickin’ stitch at the start of that row. So instead of nice petals of lace I have a mess of yarnovers that don’t line up:Photo Hosted at Buzznet

Shit. I can’t even handle the thought of ripping out 20-plus rows at 400-plus stitches per row of lace right now. Especially I already frogged this shawl once.

It seems like everything I’ve been knitting lately has turned to crap. The Matt sock is still kicking around, my most recent chemo cap is all wonky, I broke yet another of my Denise cables, and I’m apparently completely incapable of knitting lace anymore.

I’ve lost my knitting mojo and it's time to get it back. It's time to make a sacrifice to the knitting gods.....

It's time for Tempting II.

3 comments:

  1. oh crap girl - i'm sooooo sorry about the lace debacle and the missing mojo! don't worry...you'll get it back. just step away from the lace, knit something that makes you feel good, and try again later. i feel your pain, though...sending good mojo vibes your way xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fresh hell is this? Gah! I think I'd cry for a while before I finally sucked it up and frogged it. I had to do the same with my Adamas shawl and still haven't cast back on for it. Next year. I'm already working on Christmas stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh crap. Just step back.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...