August 15, 2006

Stitch ‘n Pitch (almost)

I had a great time this weekend at Matt’s Aunt’s 70th…The cornhole set that our friends made us was a big hit!
Photo Hosted at Buzznet

Then on Sunday we went to the Pirates game:
Photo Hosted at Buzznet

Photo Hosted at Buzznet
Sadly Stitch ‘n Pitch was there and I didn’t know about it!!!! I found out between the 8th and 9th inning when they had a couple of knitters up on the big screen. The knitters were awesome –one even kept working on her sock while being interviewed for the scoreboard! That rules! Had I known I so would have gone down to say hello – I even had the Matt sock in my purse…. Oh well… I will definitely be at the Stitch ‘n Pitch Cleveland in a few weeks. Hope to see all of you northeastern Ohio knitters there!

In knitting land…. What should this Elann’s Endless Summer Luna from my SP7 become?
Photo Hosted at Buzznet

Should it be a tivoli/picovoli?

A Ballet Camisole?

Or a Soleil?

I’ll even put up a poll…Please vote! I’m seriously torn… and right now I need a project that isn’t a sock and isn’t complicated lace….


What should I knit with the Luna?
Tivoli – yeah for top-down raglans!
Ballet Cami – perfect for the pink sparkly yarn!
Soleil – the lace part will go super-fast
Um… don’t you have a tempting II floating around somewhere… maybe you should finish that first.
Free polls from Pollhost.com

11 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:53 PM

    Well, I cant seem to take the poll, but i'll vote for the ballet camisole because i want to make one, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My vote is for Soleil - by far the nicest of the patterns. And what a fabulous color!

    Stitch 'n Pitch in Cincinnati is also the day of the first regular season Bengals game. I'll be at home with the Bengals on TV. Knitting, of course... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:52 PM

    I vote for Ballet. It's seriously wearable. Since they're all knit in the round they all should get my vote as that's my preferred method but if I have to choose then Ballet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I voted for the Ballet cami, too. In fact, if you decide to do that one, I might do a knitalong with you -- with the yarn from my frogged Picovoli.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made Tivoli/Picovoli with Luna in burnt orange. It came out great. I'm making Rose (Soleil with sleeves) now with Sonata, which doesn't split like Luna.

    I'd go with Soleil or the Ballet Camisole. Tivoli has a tendency to roll at the edges unless you can crochet an edge on it.

    It will be great in any of the patterns, though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's perfect for the ballet cami!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found your blog searching for a solution to my Tempting II sleeves... Seems like i ran into the same problem as you... I'm a beginner and people say I can easily seam it ;-( Anyhow, I think that Soleil looks very nice... and it has no sleeves. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah I'm the evil one that said "Finish Tempting II first". Heh. Sorry 'bout that. But then again, once you pick your next project, maybe it'll get you to finish up Tempting II even faster.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i was thinking of making the picovoli with mine too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would sit the yarn and pattern out and then look at it as you work on Tempting... Take a break and make a swatch, work on Tempting some more... otherwise it might languish and you want it finished, right? I love that yarn tho, if you like it I may have to order some for me!

    your sp8!

    ReplyDelete
  11. No Stitch in Pitch in Detroit ... that sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...