July 28, 2006

Caps for the Cure

So I’m getting frustrated with the Matt socks (they are taking for-ev-er sandlot style) and the lace is to the point of requiring concentration (it's too hot to concentrate) …. So I needed some feel good knitting - simple, mindless, instant gratification, and for a good cause. Check out what I found:

Photo Hosted at Buzznet
Caps for a Cure.

The goal is to knit chemo caps for cancer patients. It’s a really good cause and what could be more zen in knitting than a hat in the round? It’s almost as foolproof as a felted bag! So last night I cast on with the leftover Cotton Fleece that I have from my Green Gable (I so want to link to pictures of my finished gable but I haven’t posted any yet! Hopefully next post….) and threw in some ladder yarn from a belt that I made for Rebecca (pre blog so no pic of that either) ‘cause really, everyone needs a little bling:

Photo Hosted at Buzznet

I think I’m going to knit a few of these… I wonder what other yarn I have that would be acceptable…

Have a good weekend – and if you’re looking for some easy summer knitting I highly recommend a chemo cap!

8 comments:

  1. H E L L O O O O ? Did you forget that I run a chemo cap program here locally? Oh, maybe you weren't reading my blog when I started that. It's called "Caring Caps" and all the caps stay here locally to patients at the CHP Ireland Cancer Center. If you really start a run on these, would you think of donating some my way?

    I'd appreciate it gf!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the added yarn. It really adds some spice. Beautiful color, too.

    Some of the yarns we have used are Rowan Cashsoft, Cotton Ease, soft acrylics, cotton/wool blends. Anything soft will work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay - that looks really nice together...how fun and i love the charity! maybe i should make a couple of these...wonder if i can do it while avoiding the dreaded dpn's ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:47 AM

    Thanks for sharing the link for "Caps for a cure", this sounds like such a wonderful thing, gonna have to check that out immediately!
    The yarn mix you're doing goes along perfectly together, this is going to look so cool, can't wait to see the finished one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a good cause! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:47 PM

    I'm glad you're using that ladder yarn you used for my belt. I love that belt and still wear it all the time! I always get compliments on it. The yarn from your awesome Green Gable looks great with it! Keep up the good work Jeanne. You always impress me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just got back on line today...and saw you joined the group I started with Becky!! Thanks for helping out! I am so glad that more people are getting invloved! Thanks again if you need anything let me know I have tons of yarn that was donated and most of it is Cotton Fleece!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great hat - excellent idea to add the ladder yarn it jazzes it up a lot. I love the cotton fleece too - nice color.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...