July 21, 2006

Where I’ve been….

Well… I’m so very very behind on the blogging thing. This week (and all of last weekend) was completely sucked down by the super-secret project that my brother and I are working on. That will be its own post soon, though. Until then here’s a pic from harborfest last weekend. We managed to get out on my dad’s boat for literally about 10 min before we got blown off the lake by a thunderstorm. It was enough to buzz a few of the tall ships, though!
And despite the complete lack of knitting time the Matt Sock has grown considerably:
Photo Hosted at Buzznet
It’s amazing what you can get done on the bus!

I’ve also been cooking and using things from my garden.
Photo Hosted at Buzznet
Photo Hosted at Buzznet
Those were the peppers I last posted about… they unfortunately did not become stuffed peppers (I didn’t have time b/c of the super secret project) but were excellent sautéed up over grilled brats! I also used this:
Photo Hosted at Buzznet
To make white chicken chili. It was faboo – I love fresh cilantro….although the Hungarian hot pepper was much, much hotter than I thought it was going to be! Good thing we like spicy food.

In other news tomorrow is our second rowing race. Apparently we’ve become the novice team to beat! If you’re in Cleveland and are looking for something fun do early, early Sat. morning our first race is at 8:10 AM. Our second race is at 9:40 but I won’t be on the boat for that one….Matt is coxing it, though!

Oh yeah... and congratulations goes to Jennifer for the newest addition to her family!

Have a great weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Oh I miss being near the lake. The peppers look yummy. The sock is very manly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:08 PM

    ooh... good luck in your race!!! I'm sure youll kick butt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww - thanks for the congrats!! the new addtition and her sis are about to take their first ride together...to the vet ;) poor things...i think both are getting shots, so i'm sure they won't be thrilled about that lol
    the veggies look great and i can't wait to hear about the race...don't think i can make this one, unfortunately :(( but good luck...kick butt!!!!!
    great progress on the sock, too...gotta love bus knitting :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck in the race. Those peppers are impressive! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:27 AM

    Wow, you sure made me curious with your super secret thing, can't wait to see what it's all about! And gosh, those peppers look sooo yummy! Good luck for the race - fingers are crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those peppers look so yummy. I just want to dip one in some ranch and crunch away. mmm...

    The sock is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. making a pit stop from the Amaing Lace KAL....garden goods look awesome! Good luck on whatever super secret project is going on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Also making an Amazing Lace pitstop. You have inspired me to plant my peppers! I just hope mine look as good as yours in the end. The sock lookes lovely. The colorway is awesome (and manly).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...