June 9, 2006

Some coolness…

Ok no knitting content since I had rowing Wed. (Our boat went so fast!) and was working on something for my SP8 last night (can't post about that here yet)… Rowing is a ball but then we go out afterwards… I gotta stop doing that. Thursdays are not fun with a hangover every frickin’ week! Anyways the rose next to my patio bloomed yesterday:


It’s hot pink! How fun! And the climbing rose out front is starting to really kick some butt… do I need to "deadhead" it once the blooms are spent?

In other fun news the Sexy Knitters Club has decided on Tempting II as their next knit along. Remember my Tempting II experience? Yeah I tried to knit it for the Olympics… and it ended badly… here’s the post about it…. and since then I have denied all knowledge of it's existance. Perhaps this knit along will be the motivation I need. Perhaps.

And finally in random… here’s some fun links my mom (she was off yesterday and therefore surfing the internet with abandon) found:

Crafting for critters – they take donations of handmade stuff, sell it, and then the proceeds go to help out animals. Very cool. They prefer vegan stuff though… I’m guessing that anything wool isn’t vegan? Although it’s not like shearing a sheep hurts it… but it is an animal product… hmmmmm…

Jewelry for your Knitting – the yarn charms are such a fun idea! I’m so going to need to make some of those… I’m picturing them as elaborate trim on a skinny scarf…

I'm off to the 'nati for the "kids" graduation this weekend. They grow up so fast! Seems like only yesterday I was teaching Alison how to use the stove....

Happy Friday!

5 comments:

  1. That rose is beautiful, they are my favorite flowers.

    I wanted to let you know that I have started a sock swap. Please stop by my blog and let me know what you think.

    Happy Knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:37 PM

    You're a rower?? Thats so cool! I used to row when i was in college. I miss it sooo much! I also did Tempting II for the olympics. Luckily, I was able to attach the sleeves, but didn't have enough yarn for he band around the top. It still looks good, though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:22 AM

    What a gorgeous rose, that color rocks big time! Thanks for sharing the links, I'm going to have a look at them right away, they sound very interesting indeed!
    I hope your After-rowing-hangover is gone by now - hey, a girl needs to have a bit of fun after sports, no? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty rose. I love watching all the new blooms in the garden. Such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so wish I had my own garden. That rose is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...