December 12, 2006

Who wants some hand painted lace weight merino?

First of all thank you for all of the wonderful compliments on my shawl! It made my weekend to read them… and holy crap I got over 20 comments?! I feel like a celebrity!

So anyways for the shawl I dyed 2 skeins of yarn…. And I used exactly one skein – I think I had literally less than 2 feet left...Now that I'm done I’m completely sick of the pink lace…. So who wants this?

It’s 880 yards of the knitpicks dye your own merino. I posted about dying it here. If you want it just comment on this post… then I’ll put all of your names in a hat and pick one! I should have time to mail it out this Sat… so I’ll pick names sometime Sat. (Dec 12) morning.

Oh and if you give me an idea for something lacy to knit with either of these (745ish yards each of laceweight from my last secret pal): I’ll put your name in the hat twice! I need a new lace project…

Ooooh this is fun. I’ve never had a contest before!

12 comments:

  1. How about the Cobweb Shawl? Bet it would be great in that blue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Elizabeth I pattern from Knitpicks only takes one skein of laceweight

    ReplyDelete
  3. what about branching out? did you make that yet? i think i will start mine in january, so i will definitely be looking to you and probably kristin for some lace support : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, fun. I LOVED that yarn you dyed from the first time I saw you knitting the shawl. yeah!!!

    I think you should give one of the shawls from "folk shawls". Those are all so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't put me in the contest - I'm a minimal lace knitter...

    But have you had a chance to look through the new Victorian Lace Today book? I just read the article about it in the fall Knitter's and even I have the urge to knit something from it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK so I've never knit lace, and maybe it's time to start....grin! You wouldn't even have to mail the yarn to me if I won he he he

    Love the yarn on the right, the colors are so springy! If you started some thing with that now you'd be about done by spring!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What about the forest canopy lace shawl from Im knitting as fast as I can? It is super cute and I think it may be one of the next "hot" items floating around the blogosphere. I think it would look lovely in either of your yarns.
    Oh and sign me up for that beautiful pink yarn! I got a few things in mind for it.
    BTW..your shawl is gorgeous! I need to find that pattern asap =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Oh I just thought of another one! I think that blue/grey would be breathtaking knit up into Eunny's Print of the wave stole. It calls for 800 yards but you could just make it a little shorter then hers =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous12:51 PM

    I'm loving that pink lace weight! I just finished a shawl for a friend. I used the "hydrangea" pattern, and black "silky wool." It turned out great. Of course, I gave it away.

    Anyhoo, I'd love to be in the running for the pink yarn! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous1:24 PM

    Your shawl looks fantastic! I've been lurking at the Lace Shawl KAL and just love seeing all the masterpieces. I'm inspired to try knitting lace myself.

    The Shetland Triangle Shawl is also very beautiful. Have you knit that one yet?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Me, me, pick me. I wouldn't mind a new lace project. I love your shawl, and I bet that was a lot of work. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The blue would look beautiful in the Kimono Shawl from Folk Shawls by Cheryl Oberle. The yardage is a little short but the shawl doesn't have a knitted on border so you can knit until you run out of yarn. Please put in my name for the pink laceweight.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...