December 12, 2006

The next big thing

Check out what the UPS man brought me yesterday:
That would be 15 balls of Jo Sharp Silkroad Aran Tweed to make my husband his very own Durrow. It’s seriously amazing yarn – 80% wool, 5% silk, 5% cashmere. By far the most expensive and luxurious thing I’ve ever knit.

I think he deserves to have me spend all of my time, energy, and good yarn on him, though, since he does put up with me spending my time and energy on good yarn!

I haven’t even swatched it yet. I was waiting until I finish the Thuja kneesocks and a few other things… my resolve is weakening, though… it’s just so soft….and really, I think I’ve done enough of the Christmas crafting for this year….

9 comments:

  1. OHHH pretty!!!! Or should I say handsome? And I say go ahead and swatch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I hadn't seen that pattern before either - really like it! Parallel lives, I just bought Rowan Soft Tweed today from elann for my hubby's sweater-to-be. We should have a knit along for manly gifts - as they take so long, we need the support and camaraderie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg i'm so excited that u r making this! can't wait to see it along the way. matt's a lucky lucky boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to knit Durrow as well for my finacee. He knits also, but has not advanced to clothes yet..that yarn looks/ sounds awesome. I think we should ( I would underline that if I knew how. lol.) start a knitting for "the man" KAL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Waiting? I don't understand. There's cashmere in there. Cast on!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, beautiful yarn, that's going to be so lovely to knit up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's some seriously gorgeous yarn. I bet it's nice to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous6:30 AM

    My gosh, this yarn is divine! I think there can't be anything more perfect to knit Durrow with than this silky tweed - mind you, I can't wait to see your first progress pics!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You gotta love a yarn delivery! Have fun on the Durrow project.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...